Have you noticed

Is it just me or is CMFI more unstaple than CMBN is.

I have had CMFI lock up on me or crash now 4 to 6 times, not sure was not counting at first.

But I have seen it now enough to know it is happening. This has never happened to me playing CMBN in this mannor and I have played it much more.

The only lockup I have ever seen with CMBN is the one that shows up at the start of a battle and it has wire in the scenario, That is a weird one also.

Also there is the features that do not work, for me at least - like the delete the saved game button. It seems funny to add that feature, but have it not working. For me this is not bad, since I just do it the old way. But for some folks, they are not very smart at learning to find the files and keeping them clean.

Anyway, just wondering if others have noticed added issue which have crept ino the game in this latest release.

I have similar experiences. Partly I blame it on an old computer struggling to run the improved graphics, nothing new there only natural. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility of some shader related crashes as I feel more users have reported crashing than before.

There are also some crashes in menus, QB menus especially, that I think have been reported to BFC by others and I assume will be fixed in the patch.

Thankfully the editor has never crashed on me. (knock on wood)

Also, I remember reading about the delete save game button. I have never used it but I think someone explained that it works in a counterintuitive way. Or maybe it's intuitive. Can't say since I haven't tried. Try selecting a save first then pressing delete, or first pressing delete and then selecting a save. Or sumfink.

I also feel it's more unstable than cmbn, but I've played elder scrolls games my whole gaming life, so I'm more of a "Only one ctd/gamebreaking bug this evening? Awesome!" kind of guy ;D

And yes, the delete feature is a little clunky, but it works. First you select the savegames you want to delete by clicking to the right of them, and then You click on the delete button.

In the last 12 months, I think I've had CMBN "stop responding" once. Also about twice I've had the turn I've completed plotting not be there afterwards.

That's not an unreasonable instability.

For FI, I don't think it's ever locked up or done the funny thing with the turn.

Just my subjective experience, but I can't say I've seen anything untoward with FI.

I've also not experienced the QB selection crash - I saw it recommended not to have too many company/platoons "open", but I've had 12000 points-worth open and had no trouble ( in BN ).

I'm running i5-2500K 3.30 GHz with Windows 7-64 and 8Gb Ram, nVidia 260GTX. The graphics card is the oldest element and is "small" by current standards, but it seems to handle everything with no stutter or issue.

yeah, the delete thing is a little unusual, you "mark" the ones you want to delete and then delete them. But it does avoid accidental deletions.

I also haven't experienced any additional problems with CMFI. If anything I think it loads faster and performs better than CMBN.

That it does, I love the fact that turns load much faster.

No, the lock up that has happened to me a few times is during campaign play, when a battle is over I go to the reveiw screen and while I am in there it locks up, will not allow me to exit or anything. Frozen screen, the sad thing is. I loose that point in play, having to go back and replay it from a earlier save. I hate that, I cannot play campaigns more than once, it becomes very boring.

So I am in one right now, about 8 missions into it and I just dont want to get back into it , even if I do have to play about 40 minites over again.

I know, I am pretty bad, but I really hate having to do it again.

It is not the only type that has happened, it is just the one I know best. The other one I have had, the screnn goes blank, I get a white screen. It has happened a few times also.

Plus i thought their graphics change was making it easier on the machine, not harder. But I really do not get into the tech stuff when it comes to playing games.

I noticed it was unstable as well when the game first came out. I was getting every sort of random crash that people have mentioned. Then I tried what I posted here and I've never had another crash since then. Might give it a try, won't hurt anything.

Interesting

Like I said, I normally do not get into the guts of the issues.

this solution seems somewhat sad if you have to follow it, with all them features turned off, it should have some impact as to what you sound is coming through like.

Interesting

Like I said, I normally do not get into the guts of the issues.

this solution seems somewhat sad if you have to follow it, with all them features turned off, it should have some impact as to what you sound is coming through like.

I tried turning them all on, turning them all off, and I never noticed a difference in the actual sound. Of course, I'm using $30 headphones, so the nitty gritty details of sound quality don't concern me.