Italian PBEM challenge

I hereby denounce a challenge to everyone to post a PBEM result where they have won any game playing the Italian side! Axis side with Germans in the game is not counted. Only Italians are allowed.

If there's anyone victorius, please do not reveal any spoilers, just post the scenario and score. I doubt there won't be too many of these kind of encounters!

beatmasta,

If you're denouncing, who offended you and how; whom are you reporting to the authorities? Believe you want "announce."

Regards,

John Kettler

The dictionary says that you can denounce if you announce something :)

"Archaic . to announce or proclaim, especially as something evil or calamitous. "

I also denounce your challenge, and the Italian inferiority it implies, no matter how historically accurate it may be!

as the word denounce has raised some questions, I'm not sure now what you mean with that comment... are you on my side or against me :) My intention was definitely not to make any "politically incorrect" announcement, but to see how many people have succeeded with the Italian side as it seems to be damn hard to play succesfully with them.

The dictionary says that you can denounce if you announce something :)

"Archaic . to announce or proclaim, especially as something evil or calamitous. "

What i want to know is, did you look up denounce after it was pointed out to you that it was potentially an incorrect usage of the word, and then pretend you had deliberately used the archaic usage of the word ?, or, did you know, before your opening statement, that it was an archaic way of saying announce, which could be regarded as entrapment ? :)

If it's the first one you, are a knave (unprincipled, untrustworthy or dishonest person), if it's the second one, you are still a knave ;)

Either way you are definitely not a knave (archaic - humble person), even if you are a knave (archaic - male servant)

All knaves courtesy of Dictionary.com.

Quite a big fuzz over one word :)

I have heard the word being used somewhere (probably in Rome as mentioned above) as a fancy way to say announce so I used it. Not a very familiar word to me so I wasn't aware of it's controversy. I quickly checked the word from the dictionary before using it and saw that it means announce. Didn't saw the other meanings at that point.

Quite a big fuzz over one word :)

I have heard the word being used somewhere (probably in Rome as mentioned above) as a fancy way to say announce so I used it. Not a very familiar word to me so I wasn't aware of it's controversy. I quickly checked the word from the dictionary before using it and saw that it means announce. Didn't saw the other meanings at that point.

Are you deliberately trying to bait me...............it's fuss, not fuzz :)

And it's see.......not saw :)