Translucent Trees - permanent addition pls?

CM Team -

I've spent a fair amount of time now in FI with the Translucent Tree mod by RocketMan -

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2215

This mod has improved the quality of my FI life immeasurably. Instead of using Alt-T repeatedly during battles, it conveys the sense of foliage coverage & density without hiding my units.

My suggestion is to make Alt-T a 4-step process - Full foliage, translucent foliage, tree trunks, no foliage. But I guarantee that most players will end up using 'translucent' as the default.

I understand that those graphics would have to be added to the stable, but it doesn't seem like a lot of work.

As always, thanks for bending your ear.

I wouldn't mind it as long as it is a choice, like in your suggestion. A cycle through. I just wouldn't want it forced on me as the only way (like in Take Command). I turn trees off for planning here and there but like watching the turn play out with them on. The forest battles can be pretty cool looking at times and make for nice screen shots when all the foliage is showing.

Mord.

As I mentioned to RocketMan, I couldn't find Rambler's BN translucent tree mod in the Repository... unless I just missed it... I did a search by his handle. I would love to have it, as BN is more foliage-laden...

Beatmasta - I will say that I didn't take to the mod right away. First battle or two, I was on the fence. Now, I wouldn't remove it for anything.

Many thanks, Ales.

Great that Rambler provides both 10% and 5% transparency models for both near and far trees.

I'm in the midst of a H2H 'Carbide Carbide' battle w/my older brother. To my surprise, the '10% near' foliage was still too thick, so now using the 5% option. Not quite as comfortable with it as the FI trans tree mod, but as I stated previously, it took me a couple battles to warm up to it in FI.

What would help the cause would be a 'translucent bocage' mod to go along with it, at least the 'tall' stuff... trees are good, but seeing through those hedges would complete the look & functionality of the translucent BN mod. Could this be done, Rambler?

The ideal scenario would be, if BF chose to work this in, to have the foliage transparency set by a slider (or whatnot) in the graphic options table...

Many thanks, Ales.

Great that Rambler provides both 10% and 5% transparency models for both near and far trees.

You're welcome.

I didn't know that Rambler add separate 5% and 10%.Those are newer (I wish that Rocket Man does the same). I have older version

with 10% or even more for near trees and stock graphics for far trees.

screenshot20120820at355.png

I'd like to see this as a permanent addition also but in a slightly changed manner. It should be another option to what we have today but it should only make trees translucent if there are soldiers ocupying that spot. It should also make nearby vegetation translucent when placing waypoints, that would allow us to plan movement without having vegetation interfering with the view.

It should be another option to what we have today but it should only make trees translucent if there are soldiers ocupying that spot. It should also make nearby vegetation translucent when placing waypoints, that would allow us to plan movement without having vegetation interfering with the view.

This would be great.

The transparent tree mods are a great idea to deal with this IMO very annoying problem.

I would prefer a setting, that lets the player adjust the transparency + distance BUT also allows with one single push of a button (not cycling through all options) to switch into a second view (i.e. no transparency for action playback).