Armored cars only shoot 20mm at buildings not ground.

During play I, noticed the Italian armored car (AB1) only shot their 20mm main gun while aiming at buildings using the "Target" command. And while aiming at the ground they will only shoot the coax machine gun. They never shoot their 20mm gun while aiming at the ground.

I ran a little test with both Italian and German armored cars and the same goes for the German vehicles with 20mm. Also during "Target light" command only the coax is fired as expected, while firing at buildings.

I ran another test in CMBN and...yes...it was the same in CMBN as well. Although I did not test the "Target Light" command.

Is the SOP? I would like to be able to shoot my 20mm at troops on the ground as well.

Weird, I played 'Lemon Hill' a few days ago and the armoured cars definitely fired their 20mm cannons at the ground when I gave them area target commands although they did have to stop firing their cannons every so often to re-load them with another clip.

Interesting.

I ran "Lemon Hill" for a quick test.

I used an AB41 to target low walls and hedge rows. The gunner would use the 20mm.

I then targeted trees and open ground, and the gunner would only use the coax.

I should also mention that I first noticed the AB41 only use the coax while playing "Lemon Hill" when I was firing upon some Airborne troopers in foxholes with the hope the gunner would use the 20mm. But nope. The gunner only used the coax. The gunner did use the 20mm on buildings, however.

I've definitely seen one of my AB41's use 20mm on troops in foxholes in Lemon Hill, BUT there were often several turns in between such usage.

Eg. in about 7-8 turns, I think the 20mm fired in two of them, the rest of the time it fired MG only.

However that may be a difference between Direct and Area fire ( some of the time I could see the enemy and some of the time, not )

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...