Moon, exemption request

Steve,

On the one hand, I appreciate the clarification of the Forum Rules. On the other, I find sentences three and four confusing, especially in light of what you said just before. Is there a "not" missing somewhere or a sentence, perhaps, misplaced? Either something's off, or I'm too brain befogged to properly understand what you're saying. I get that I can have normal links when, for example, arguing wire comms by linking to a .com URL which shows, say, a cable reel from World War II, but the next thoughts seem to reverse your emphasis on the need to be directly relevant to the subject being discussed.

Regards,

John Kettler

Steve,

On the one hand, I appreciate the clarification of the Forum Rules. On the other, I find sentences three and four confusing, especially in light of what you said just before. Is there a "not" missing somewhere or a sentence, perhaps, misplaced? Either something's off, or I'm too brain befogged to properly understand what you're saying. I get that I can have normal links when, for example, arguing wire comms by linking to a .com URL which shows, say, a cable reel from World War II, but the next thoughts seem to reverse your emphasis on the need to be directly relevant to the subject being discussed.

Regards,

John Kettler

Come on JK. Just post it already - don't keep us in suspense. Either it gets deleted or it doesn't. As soon as it's posted make a screen capture real quick. And you can use that as your wallpaper forever.

And besides all that, Steve may or may not ban you for life. :P

Lt Belenko and Redwolf,

I already did in the Italian FO thread where wire commo nets were discussed. I simply removed the .com from the URLs and put in something else, so as to conform to the Forum Rules as I understood them then. Here's the link to that part of the thread here I presented my evidence.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105814

Regards,

John Kettler

Although I (not too infrequently) reverse a negative or a positive by mistake through the inclusion or exclusion of a key word, I went back and looked at both paragraphs and see nothing wrong with any of the sentences in there. If you need clarification, look at the posts just above this and note that I haven't deleted or reprimanded anybody for them. They are in good fun and this Forum should not be so dry as to exclude posts for fun. As long as they are in good taste and not totally unrelated to the topic of the thread or causing some other action deemed problematic for the forum as a whole.

And if you guys think I presume you know what good taste is, you're quite naive. I am fully aware that the lot of you, combined, have as much common sense and good taste as a drunken sailor on shore leave with $100 in cash, a Dear John letter in the pocket, and a hooker with a huge cold sore on her lip chatting him up. But for some reason, and I'm sure completely by accident, you guys mostly get lucky and stay within bounds. There have been exceptions and people have been reprimanded and links deleted. Bannings happen only when someone clearly meant to go over the line. I've only had to do that a couple of times.

Steve

Moon,

It would greatly facilitate direct discussions of CM related game matters if we didn't have to sanitize links to avoid breaking Forum Rules. Please consider modifying the Rules so that we may more effectively carry on our discussions on topics directly pertinent to BFC's games.

Regards,

John Kettler

Sorry, no exceptions.