No radio voices for the italians

Nosfe,

This makes absolutely no sense. If you're going to shoot an off board fire mission, you must have two way communications of some sort. In the militaries of this time, that would have been primarily either radio or field telephone, both of which would have a live human on the other end of the circuit. A preplanned fire mission could be called in via a light signal, typically a flare fired into the sky (no flares in the game) or maybe a mirror aimed back at a certain location in bright sunlight, also not modeled. So, unless this is mortars over open sights or similar, you should be hearing some sort of voice.

Here's some great information on WW II Italian military radios.

http://www.qsl.net/ik0moz/re_r_series.htm

Regards,

John Kettler

ok, i discovered that it's because they have no radio :-D....sorry

Its best not to give the Italians Communication devices.

As Hand motions don't easily translate to RF......:D

Wife is Italian trust me you don't want to get em started..;)

But you guys didn't hear that from me...........

No Prisoners

Its best not to give the Italians Communication devices.

As Hand motions don't easily translate to RF......:D

Wife is Italian trust me you don't want to get em started..;)

But you guys didn't hear that from me...........

No Prisoners

Remember that an italian invented radio :P

So, did the italians platoon or company HQ's really have no radio? :eek:

Sorry for the ignorance, but i can't figure out why there's not a single italian HQ on the scenarios i playied whith a radio operator.

(but this is a little bit O.T. :) ).

Radios were non-existent at the infantry battalion level and below. I don't care if some website lists the mere existence of such radio models, in practice they weren't around. Communication took place primarily using messengers, typed orders, and if in a static situation, land line telephones. And yes, even doves. :P

EDIT (second paragraph deleted to avoid confusion): I've been corrected, apparently you can still get in call for fires with Italian HQs.

Normal Dude,

You do realize that even armies on the attack laid wire for field telephones, don't you? I've seen footage of Russian amphibious jeeps laying wire during the crossing of the Oder in the drive on Berlin. This link, just prior to the Conclusion, clearly indicates the Italians relied on land lines, not radio.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9344344/Italian-Army-in-Wwii

This might also help.

CON TUTTO IL CUORE: Italian General's Handbook A complete organizational guide to the Italian Armed Forces from 1935 thru 1945. Includes Spanish Civil War, WWII, Abyssinia, RSI and more. 1 vol, 120 pgs 2008 US, HOPLITE RESEARCH

Regards,

John Kettler