No Activations Remaining

Just got home from Vacation, d'ld CMFI and installed the game on my home computer. When I tried to activate, I was told I had no remaining activations.

While on vacation, I installed the game on my laptop; that's one! I thought I was purchasing three activations. With one more day before I go back to work, I'd like to play the game on a computer capable of running it. My laptop's getting old and the game stutters and sometimes locks up locks up, requiring a forced shutdown.

Anyhow, what happened with the remaining activations?

Don't Know what Happened

But to get another Activation go to

www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

and click on Submit Ticket

I don't know what happened either, But I am HOT! I've already posted a message to the helpdesk and if I don't get an answer before Monday, I'm really gonna be P!$$'d

Thanks for the reply, jeff

I actually didn't get any activations at all after downloading the game :P

Sent to helpdesk and it was resolved within 45 minutes. They said that the activations had been made from my IP address, 4 activations at different times before I had even downloaded the game :confused:. I have no idea what the deal was but the problem was quickly solved.

I'm not sure if they work this late into the weekend though, you might have to wait until Monday.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling & re-d'ling the file and reinstalling. I'm chair-ridden due to a foot injury while on vacation and I've got nothing else to do but play CM... I wanna check out the new toys!

I've never received a helpdesk reply on a weekend. I'm so ready to play, I'm considering purchasing another copy, just for the one activation.

Try to deactivate and then activate. I don't think you can have more than one.

According to the manual, we're allowed four activations, on two computers. AIUI, there are no more deactivations.

I'll see what can be done about it. These things happen sometimes, usually (not always!) because the end user does something to use them up. Having said that, it is possible for firewalls and AV software to screw around with things too. Thankfully that's a rarity, but given any technology there's going to be some failures. After all, technology is designed and implemented by Humans :)

Steve

I'll see what can be done about it. These things happen sometimes, usually (not always!) because the end user does something to use them up. Having said that, it is possible for firewalls and AV software to screw around with things too. Thankfully that's a rarity, but given any technology there's going to be some failures. After all, technology is designed and implemented by Humans :)

Steve

Thanks for looking into this, Steve. As I said in my OP, I installed on my laptop Thursday... one install and one activation. I didn't even open the game again after I realized it was going to have problems running on my laptop.

At home, my computer does run through my AV receiver, but I haven't noticed any issues with CMBN. In any event, I'm not in an extreme hurry now because I couldn't wait and went ahead and purchased another license. I'm annoyed that it cost me another $55, but not nearly as irritated as I was when I couldn't play at all ;)

Thanks for looking into this, Steve. As I said in my OP, I installed on my laptop Thursday... one install and one activation. I didn't even open the game again after I realized it was going to have problems running on my laptop.

At home, my computer does run through my AV receiver, but I haven't noticed any issues with CMBN. In any event, I'm not in an extreme hurry now because I couldn't wait and went ahead and purchased another license. I'm annoyed that it cost me another $55, but not nearly as irritated as I was when I couldn't play at all ;)

Rake, you don't need to buy anything twice. See my PM.

I posted a Knowledgebase article about it. We have a handful of reports so far and it seems most are tied to Norton 360 (as usual) or some other firewall.

As i replied in my response to the first helpdesk answer, I'm using McAfee on both the laptop and desktop, same version on each.

I try to stay up to date on the hardware/software issues with CM, trying to steer clear of potential problems. I don't recall seeing any issues with McAfee (as opposed to Norton), but I could have missed something and there's always a first time for everything.

Thanks for taking care of this,

Mike

Edit: I just checked the security log for my firewall. It shows incoming events on Saturday night around the times I was attempting to activate the game, but no events were blocked by the firewall.

Thanks for the follow up. The problem is quite random and we've found no smoking gun for it. Somehow, at a very low level, some bit of information is getting scrambled and the communications are interfered with. The only common element is AV software being on at the time of registering. The thing that's very frustrating is it isn't consistent since most people have zero problems. Hate it when that happens :(

Steve