Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

2.0 for CMSF?

CMC

So does anyone know if, with the release of CM: Fortress Italy, will Battlefront be eventualy updating the CM: Shock Force to 2.0 engine? Based on thier web site it appears they plan on updating CM: Normandy in a couple months but I didn't see any mention of CM: Shock Force.

Armored arcs among other great additions to 2.0 would be greatly appreciated in Shock Force!

No, CMSF won't get the 2.0 update. The engine evolved too much between CMSF and CMBN to make it feasible.

Of course, there is CMSF2 on the horizon!

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll be waiting for CMSF2 -- CMSF is probably my favorite game so it should hold me over until then.

I am saving my pennies for that one. There are too many products coming down the line to buy them all on the spot like I have been since CMSF! :) I am not complaining, it's good to have a choice of conflict zones/times for my favorite wargame!

I, for one, am sad that this wont be upgraded to 2.0. With the upgrade it would be the best game to ever hit the market. But CMSF2 I am sure will be great, just not in a sandbox. :)

I feel the same way. Steve keeps dropping hints that he wants to do something for the Shock Force guys...so I am hoping they'd take everything and make it a plug in to the other modern game. If the new game uses LAVs and Strykers and all that, all we'd need was the terrain and Syrian stuff.

As much as I want the New Modern...I really wish we could take SF along with us. Really all of them. I like CMA a lot as well. This upgrade concept is remarkable (and a dream come true) and it's nice knowing at least the WWII stuff will stay fresh and up to date. I am already going, wow this is gonna be great when they port it to CMBN. The new CMFI features are really growing on me.

Mord.

I also wish CMSF would be upgraded with the 2.0 engine. I really like the setting as it so close to the modern day conflicts in A-stan and Iraq etc.

I was a bit reluctant when CM went modern, but I pre ordered and have enjoyed the game and its modules tremendously. With BFC you just cant go wrong :)

Agreed. I've sunk a lot of time into my Ramadi maps and related research; it would be a pity to lose all that.

Fat chance. Even if they don't update CMSF and release a version 2 modern game, I am still likely to go back to it for a fix. I would pay all over again for them to update the game, but if they don't it will still have a place on my PC.

LLF,

That Ramadi map is a work of art. I can imagine a unit CO using a similar map to coordinate a real city fight. Very cool...

The CMSF family is great. I will keep them on my computer for a long time. I'm still in the midst of a campaign or two which I haven't gotten back to for over a year and a half. That's not right...

Ken