Alternate Hotkeys

I need some help, ASAP. I'm stuck at the beach (GF's idea of a good vacation... me, I'd give a testicle to be on a river in Idaho, Montana or Wyoming ;)) with just my laptop & no mouse to move around with. So, I'm forced to use hotkeys (or this damnable touchpad :mad: ) as my interface.

Unfortunately, I'm so used to the alternate hotkeys that I can't find my way around with the default keys. I've been into the game files, but I can't find the hotkey file. In my CMBN file, there's a text file in the DATA folder, but I don't see a similar file in CMFI.

How do I load the alternative file??? MANY, many, thanks in advance.

Some of the files have been moved around to your "My Documents" folder due to Windows 8 or whatever, that's probably where it is now. However, there's no need as you can now edit the hotkeys from within the options menu.

The new 'Fortress Italy' folder in your 'Documents' (or 'My Documents') folder has a 'User Data' folder. You'll find the hotkeys.txt file in there.

You can also now edit the hotkeys in the Options menu - that little 'controls' button at the bottom.

Thanks guys!!!

Hello:

For CMBN I have set up the Hotkeys file the way I like it. Can I just copy this over for CMFI and it will work. IOW, there are no architectural changes relating to hotkeys (Other than the Options menu ability)?

I realize I can use the menu to customize hotkeys buy I would like to take care of a bunch at once with the file.

Thanks,

Gerry

Nah, it's not easier from the editor, because that means consciously remembering which key is supposed to do what and laboriously settting it in the editor.

Much better to be able to just copy over the file that has it set up the way we're used to...

... and for me this just involved renaming the hotkeys file to something else, and renaming althotkeys to hotkeys and eveything was sweet, 10 second job!

GaJ