Remember when CMAK was released?

I was honestly curious why it is now considered attractive for a commercial game.

You know, actually so am I. Not so much why they considered it commercially attractive, but more on their thinking on why shift to Italy for the release of version 2.

I gotta admit BF, I really like when you guys talk about the thought process that goes into your decisions. It gives me a better understanding of BF as a group, where you see the franchise going, what kind of things affect your thought process, how you approach various hurdles and then how you deal with them. I am an unabashed fan of the franchise and the company and I appreciate hearing you guys "think aloud". So if you aren't too busy and feel like throwing us a bone of what goes on in your heads, please approach the mic and spill some things.

I love BFC and CM, but they do enjoy being mysterious at times. A great example would be the protection offered by buildings in CMBN. People had endless arguments trying to justify it one way or the other, then we got the patch with "Corrected a problem where frame rate could affect the cover offered by buildings." and no further explanation (unless I missed it), which has to go down as one of the great head scratchers of all time.

Who cares though, they have granted all my wishes and more so I'm not complaining.

Not being privy to the internal discussions at BF as to why they chose Italy I am not so sure it reflects a change in BF's opinion.

Here is a theoretical conversation.

Charles: Okay so Version 2 looks like it is about ready for prime time, what say we release it for CM: Market Garden

Steve: Are you crazy? We'd have to redo all the art work AND release it as an upgrade which we are going to have to charge for to cover our costs and you know how well that will go over with this crowd. They might have to fore-go some of those potato chips they are stuffing down their gobs as they sit on the couch playing this stuff day after day.

Charles:Okay How about maybe jumping to the East Front

Steve:Even crazier. Those fanatics will go berserk if we don't have fire, tank riders and commissar units ready on day 1.

Charles:Okay what do you want to do then?

Steve:Aw hell let's do Italy. I could care less about that front anyway and some wad from Gamesquad can get his rocks off flaunting that.

In short- this games for you. Don't forget to say thanks.

ROFL, brilliant :D

Anyway, I for one like surprises :)