Bionic eyed fighter pilots

I actually don't have a clue what that's supposed to mean :)

In CMSF, if the unit that was calling the the air strike has a clue about enemy positions (<?>) it would relay that to the the aircraft. In CMBN the relaying will be much less precise, but the aircraft will still have some clue about possible enemy locations and will keep a sharper lookout for them.

The CAS is a bit too "C". In reality, even crack support like IXth's was more like interdiction. The closest CAS would be calling in from the "cab-rank" when a road block was encountered. The column would sit FAR back while the bombing/strafing occurred.

CAS is a bit out of scale for CMBN. And yes, the accuracy vs. concealed units seems a bit much.

CAS, in game, should be used sparingly. (If you can specify "green" or "conscript" for the pilots, that may help.)

My .02.

Ken

The CAS is a bit too "C". In reality, even crack support like IXth's was more like interdiction. The closest CAS would be calling in from the "cab-rank" when a road block was encountered. The column would sit FAR back while the bombing/strafing occurred.

CAS is a bit out of scale for CMBN. And yes, the accuracy vs. concealed units seems a bit much.

CAS, in game, should be used sparingly. (If you can specify "green" or "conscript" for the pilots, that may help.)

My .02.

Ken

I'll add mine to that for a total of $.04.

If I liked to play large scenarios with maps larger than 2km or so on a side, I might care more about CAS modeling in CMBN. But I generally don't, and in my opinion, CAS has very little place in CMBN scenarios smaller than this.

But I do agree that it's generally too accurate and responsive for what could usually be done in the period. IMHO, in CMBN CAS should be mostly useful as a pre-planned (i.e., plotted on turn one) area saturation tool -- call in your FBs to bomb and strafe an entire ridgeline or town or whatever.

There should also be some variation based on date -- once the ACC/CABRANK systems begin to be implemented in August 1944, the allies should probably get some capability to target air strikes on the fly (though still not as quickly or as accurately as you can now).

i am creating a mission where the allied player will get 20+ thunderbolds and made some tests with area target:

no spotting of units hidden in forest tiles and woods -

no spotting of units hidden in buildings

they will attack exposed allied infantry

they try to destroy bunkers but are not very successful doing so

they fly away way to early without expending their ammo and targets are still present - therefore it would be great, if we could choose the length of a mission