Commonwealth scenarios

Ah, it's hard for me to tell because Google services are so heavily localized: if I go to Google.com, it automatically redirects me to Google.fi! If you're not sure what's going on, you can just copy this line below and go to Google Maps and paste it in the search bar:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55621671/CMBN%20Commonwealth%20module%20locations.kml

Well that is cool. I figured all that was written by Sergei. It worked - sort of. I had to copy the link location and search for that since the link text was shortened by the editor.

In google maps (e.g. maps.google.ca) search for the string below to see it displayed:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55621671/CMBN%20Commonwealth%20module%20locations.kml

That is really soooooo cool. I had heard that Sergei was working on this but hadn't seen it yet. You can Google-street-view through the villages and look at the war monument the locals had put up to commemorate the battle you had just fought in the game. :)

I had a look at the village depicted in 'Linking Up and Breaking Out", where Axis forces fight to keep a corridor open whilst being attacked by both American and Canadian forces from North and South - and I discovered that two streets are named after the event:

Rue des Americains & Rue des Canadiens

Cool.

P.S. Great Scenario - they seem harder this time around.

I had a look at the village depicted in 'Linking Up and Breaking Out", where Axis forces fight to keep a corridor open whilst being attacked by both American and Canadian forces from North and South - and I discovered that two streets are named after the event:

Rue des Americains & Rue des Canadiens

Cool.

P.S. Great Scenario - they seem harder this time around.

Actually, the forces in that scenario are Polish and American - and the current road names correspond with that! To the south, you have Rue des Americains. To the west, Rue des Canadies (where they captured Saint-Lambert). To the north, Rue des Polonais (that's French for Polish! Because the Poles came from that direction, where the Mont-Ormel ridge lies). And to the east - Rue du General Leclerc, to honour the character in 'Allo 'allo! :D

nX7qy.png