Joe Elkins

I love the... he got what he deserved bit

"The claim that he fired the shot that killed Wittmann has been reinforced by recent research, but he sought no glory for himself as a result. Nor did he express any regrets about killing Wittmann, if indeed he had done so, noting that the German tank ace “was in someone else’s country without being asked” and had got what he deserved."

Obviously a false obit, based on this: "There was a loud bang, a cloud of sparks, the crew scrambled out and, in Ekins’s words, “we ran like hell.”"

Quite obviously, based on hundreds of hours of simulation in CMBN, any tank crew which evacuates a destroyed tank would never act like that. Instead, they would draw revolvers, attack the bastiches that shot at them, with every round fired they'd kill one of the enemy regardless of the range, and press to the objective.

(Oh, tongue firmly in cheek.)

In a serious vein, a humble salute to a quiet warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj97_pTIT1E

I've no wish to call into dispute Joe Ekin's being attributed with killing Wittman but came across this video clip. It does attribute Ekins with shooting three Tigers but claims that Wittman's Tiger was KOd by Canadian Shermans.

Regardless fighting against 3 tigers and bagging all three of them is a pretty amazing accomplishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj97_pTIT1E

I've no wish to call into dispute Joe Ekin's being attributed with killing Wittman but came across this video clip. It does attribute Ekins with shooting three Tigers but claims that Wittman's Tiger was KOd by Canadian Shermans.

I liked this clip, made of good logic. Sound more convincing than most of the other stuff out there