A couple of ammo questions...

1) Are grenades listed individually in the ammunition levels menu? The reason I ask is that in a recent PBEM game my squad threw 2 grenades with no sign of ammo depletion. The only explanation I can come up with is that they grabbed the ammo from the dead soldiers of a nearby squad. And yet no buddy aid occurred???

2) Is there an upper limit on the amount of ammo a squad/team can acquire? Can a 5 man team grab 10,000 rounds without incurring any movement penalty?

1) Are grenades listed individually in the ammunition levels menu? The reason I ask is that in a recent PBEM game my squad threw 2 grenades with no sign of ammo depletion. The only explanation I can come up with is that they grabbed the ammo from the dead soldiers of a nearby squad. And yet no buddy aid occurred???

This ties in with my observation Ref the shreck ammo on the dead team mate. It showed as being available when he was near the body, so yes it seems possible the game allows you to grab ammo from dead bodies without buddy aid being performed.

However it does seem that if buddy aid is performed you might then lose access as it randomises if you get anything off the body.

IMO it should do the random loss as soon as the soldier is killed, not during buddy aid. Perhaps a small code tweak, if there is ever such a thing called small code tweak...

;)

2) Is there an upper limit on the amount of ammo a squad/team can acquire? Can a 5 man team grab 10,000 rounds without incurring any movement penalty?

I would be interested in that as I am of the view to split the extra ammo from Jeeps and halftracks before the game as too often you lose the darn trucks and jeeps during the game and hence any access to the ammo....

So would also like to know if real world physics are applied to ammo load out being carried by the troopers...

I have noticed same-unit weirdness of that nature.

Example. Radio Operator dies. HQ unit stays in same spot. As long as they stay there, the radio works, but if they move it is gone.

Same for shrek ammo. As long as you stay with your wounded/dead comrade, you can pry the rounds from his cold dead fingers on the fly, without giving him so much as a band aid.

I am not sure whether this works for any random tube guy wondering by. It may only work for folks that belong to the same squad/team.

There must be some upper lilmit on ammo carried as I have had teams be unable to take more. But, not sure if that applies only to things like Shrek rounds, Fausts, or also regular ammo.

But, it's hard to see much degradation in performance even when loaded to the max. Imo, carrying a lot of weight, command bonuses, snipers etc all have way too subtle effects to be really useful or noticeable in an entertainment product.

I've played a few more turns and my squad's 'grenade count' isn't dropping when grenades are being used.

There is no good reason for this as there are no nearby units to share ammo with.

Is this a bug?

11 grenades at the beginning of the turn

1-Throwing%20Greande.png

Still 11 grenades after the grenade is thrown

2-No%20Grenade%20Reduction.png

I've played a few more turns and my squad's 'grenade count' isn't dropping when grenades are being used.

There is no good reason for this as there are no nearby units to share ammo with.

Is this a bug?

11 grenades at the beginning of the turn

1-Throwing%20Greande.png

Still 11 grenades after the grenade is thrown

2-No%20Grenade%20Reduction.png

For some reason grenades are removed from the total at the start of the turn, not when they are used during playback. They are, however, depleted normally from the total.