Replica Tiger tank 1:1

Hey there,

Check out this cool link to a vid of a Replica Tiger Tank. This is apparently built for a Russian Movie being filmed called "White Tiger." Does anyone know anything more about this movie?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7da_1328812704

A translation from the webpage:

Acting dummy tank the Tigris full size Association of the model studio of " Rondeau -" it reports that for a while back we approached the production of mock-up for the new film of motion picture director [Karen] [shakhnazarova]. Film is called " White [tigr]" and it will be dedicated to the battle of Soviet tanker with the German tank- spectre. Dummy tank tiger will be prepared full size.

“The Tigris”, or as it call in German, Panzerkampfwagen VI, it became one of the most frightening tanks of the Second World War. For its time the tank was present giant - 56,9 tons of weight, crew in 5 people, action radii to 100 kilometers along the highway and 60 on the broken ground. “The Tigris” could develop speed to 38 km/h. The third Reich produced 1354 such machines.

The baptism of fire “tigers” obtained in combat on August 29, 1942 in the environs of Leningrad and subsequently widely they were used to the most recent days of war. According to some accounts, at first Red Army men called this tank “elephant”.

To create dummy tank tiger - interesting and complex task, which the association of model studio “Rondeau- S” approached with the large enthusiasm. Since the new film Of [karena] Of [georgievicha] will be not deprived of the certain fraction of mysticism, for us one must create the dummy tank, which possesses characteristic properties.

We will not reveal entire information to the moment of the end of works, but possibly also to the very premiers films. At the given moment the film is still distant from the completion. According to the director, until the spring of 2011 will go the preparatory stage of surveys.

Although to at first glance create dummy tank it is considerably simpler than to prepare the aircraft scale model or automobile, here there is its specific character. The basic element of any tank - armored housing, on which is mounted other equipment - gun turret, antennas, inspection windows, machine-gun stations so forth.

The work experience, obtained by us in the creation of small dummy tanks, greatly will prove useful with the creation of model full size. Our association will try to do everything so that the eventual result would appear properly it would imposing and decorate new creation of one of the best Russian directors.

Translation provided by Babelfish

Looks more convincing than the one in Saving Private Ryan. But it's not white!

the one in private ryan was quite real, but in fact it had the wheels and tracks from a T-38. thats why it looks kinda wimpy. with the propper wheels and tracks, it sits higher, different angle. go back and watch it again, you can see what i mean.

Shame the film was pretty pants, a generic war movie with an inaccurate but jaw dropping first 30 minutes. The rest, typical Spielberg manipulation of the audience, post war agendas and stereotyped characters. Compare and contrast The Big Red One's treatment of small unit politics and badinage, to SPR's.

Shame the film was pretty pants, a generic war movie with an inaccurate but jaw dropping first 30 minutes. The rest, typical Spielberg manipulation of the audience, post war agendas and stereotyped characters. Compare and contrast The Big Red One's treatment of small unit politics and badinage, to SPR's.

Can't believe how easily blinded I was to how poor SPR really was. One thing that I have noticed in re watching the movie is the heavy brush layer of.... look Jewish people fought and died at Normandy too.

Before any body says it I am not anti Semitic.

Such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to it, the first 30 mins were simply jaw dropping, but soon the poor script, contrived scenarios, abysmal acting and cardboard characters sank the whole thing for me. The final battle seemed ok, but upon reflection was pants. Tom Hanks killed it really, typical liberal do-gooding phoned in performance, urgh, compared to Sam Fuller, Spielberg is but a simple child (helps that Fuller was a PBI).

The more I watch it the more I dislike it, even the opening landing seems less dramatic and just a carefully coreographed, cinema verite collection of gore and ripped off scenes.