Jeep as battering ram.

I got CM:BN a few days ago and have just been fooling around with the scenario editor seeing how things work.

I setup a scenario where the A.I. controlled Americans with a company sized infantry force (less arty and heavy weapons) but with 2 jeeps attacks across open ground towards 2 German hvy mg42 teams behind sand bags.

To make the attack a little more challenging for the Americans, I put a wood fence 60m in front of the mgs. I wanted to see how much the fence would slow the attack. I wasn't expecting anything theatrical, but as it turned out I was wrong.

When the attack started, what the A.I. did was to load both jeeps with guys, race across the field, and ram thru the fence in 2 different locations, thus creating breaches for the following infantry to pour thru.

Shortly after this, 1 jeep was knocked out with several shots to the engine compartment. The other jeep, however, continued at fairly high speed to ram into one of the sand bagged machine guns. Everybody in the jeep then jumped out, and poured small arms fire in the mg team, killing them all.

The second mg team, turned their weapon on these guys, which allowed the charging American infantry to flank them, and while the Germans were preoccupied, some well placed grenades destroyed the second mg team.

Not to shabby for a scenario that took all of 10 minutes to throw together.