What's the situation with pre-orders?

With the imminent release of the commonwealth module what is the situation going to be for us folk outside the US? I got stung last time and ended up having to pay almost double for the steelbox and manual due to taxes here in the UK. I cannot afford to take that hit again. I remember BFC stating this was being looked into.

What benefit is there in pre-ordering this time round? I presume it is just a dvd? If there are likely to be the same costs involved then I will just have to opt for the download version and burn it to dvd myself. But I would like clarification first of all please.

Merry Christmas!

The Pre-Order gives you access to a special weapons pack that you can use for PBEM and H2H play. This pack includes:

- 16" Naval Guns that any Platoon Leader can call upon with a 2 minute delay.

- Access to the one prototype German Panzer VIII Maus

- B-17 Carpet Bombing Missions

- German Rail Gun Missions (2 minute delay)

IIRC then the extra costs came from the steelbox being shipped from the US. Further products will be send from inside the EU (Germany).

Given recent events however I'm not sure if this will help you if you're in the UK...

;)

Why? What happened? Is there an embargo?

The Pre-Order gives you access to a special weapons pack that you can use for PBEM and H2H play. This pack includes:

- 16" Naval Guns that any Platoon Leader can call upon with a 2 minute delay.

- Access to the one prototype German Panzer VIII Maus

- B-17 Carpet Bombing Missions

- German Rail Gun Missions (2 minute delay)

But wait, order now and you'll also receive a tin mug and a genuine can of 1944 vintage bully beef... Operators are standing by.

The Steelbook Limited Edition was a special situation because it would not have been possible to stock up both the US and EU locations at the same time. So we had to ship all preorders from one place, which naturally was the US location.

The recent release of Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict GOLD already was handled differently (i.e. hardgoods are shipped from both the EU and the US warehouse). And it looks so farthat Commonwealth will be the same. This means that there will be no extra duties nor VAT or anything of that sort.

Mind you, the UK import tax is something that applies for ANY ex-EU import to the UK above 15 GBP (or so... I don't recall the exact value right now). But only the UK has this (as far as I know). For other countries, usually you only have to pay your local VAT (the % of which depends on what your country's VAT is at right now), if even that; it's a bit of a hit and miss as far as your local customs is concerned. We do have to declare ALL shipment values correctly, but often enough your local customs may not pay attention or not care etc.

We WILL be sending out future releases from US warehouses occasionally. This will apply to any release with a printed manual. It is simply cost-prohibitive to print manuals in more than one location these days, noone would be willing to pay for that added cost!

But Commonwealth is currently not planned to have a printed manual, so it can be produced and shipped out of Germany and the US (more or less) simultaneously.

Martin