Long term lurker finally purchasing

Ive recently started playing the demos again before i decided i need to buy into this great game - a couple of questions if i may that didnt bring up much in search because im unsure of the specific wording to catch the right answer

1. is there a way of giving tanks an area fire order without them using the heavy gun - i just want the area spraying with .50 cal and not using up shells

2. will breach teams breach what i assume to be just hedge and heavy bush as opposed to bocage

Hey, I am Stryker over at Wargamer, and welcome to the fold!!! Taget Light will fire MGs only at a target. With infantry it will only use small arms, no bazookas or rifle grenades.

breech teams can breach anything if you order them to, including bocage. Also walls of houses, good for when you need an entrance in a hurry.

quickie question - when splitting the teams to move to contact in small groups do you pick assault or scout? is there a major difference?

Scout team is two guys, usually with rifles - "expendables". Assault team is 3-4 man team heavy on SMG's and hand grenades. The 'split teams' option gives you 2-3 teams depending on the squad size.

A scout team or two moving ahead of the main force is a good idea if you want to avoid running the force piecemeal into an ambush. Once the fight starts, it's best to rejoin the scouts to the mainforce and maybe form other mission specific teams, depending on situation.

Scout will break off a 2 or 3 man group - usually armed only with rifles (occasionally a smg).

Assault will split off about 5 guys armed with shorter range weapons and the 2nd group will have the longer range support weapons (MG, Shrek/bazooka etc).

Split simply splits the squad into the 2 or 3 units displayed in the columns.

AT splits off a 2-man AT team.

As Sergei said: you want scouts out ahead of the main body of the men, as enemy detection. Recon with live bait. Whatever unit is ahead of the rest is often wiped out to the man in an ambush. It's better to lose a scout team of 2 men with rifles, than to lose an assault team of 4-5 men w/ 1-2 SMGs.

Usually I move scouts 50m or so in front of the assault team. The "weapons" team (the rest) follows the assault team, or it there is a target in range, finds a position to lay down fire.

I usually do not rejoin scouts to either other unit. Scouts and the assault team can work together to find and exploit grenade-range attacks. You don't want them merged because you still want scouts to do the riskiest moves. Only if I am going to engage in some long-ranged attrition would I merge up, and even then only to get a better leader modifier.

They will use grenades automaticaly if they see the enemy and if they are in distance, but if you suspect that the enemy is behind a walkl and you don't see him (because if the unit see them, they will use the grenades automaticaly) you can use the target order over the enemy icon.

I think it woprks like that... :-S good luck

A scout team (the three man kind) can also blow a gap.

Michael

Only certain independent Scout Teams carry charges.

Standard German teams do not. Certain Ami teams do not.

QB purchase in Ami screen can be difficult when the two teams are right next to each other. The more expensive one has the charges. ;)

having played the demo every which way i have finally purchased - to appease the OCD in me im doing the tutorial scenario, which i understand is pulled from the tutorial campaign and there is a clear road route which i dont doubt is into the face of AT guns, was just looking for a way not to take the obvious path and break through the bocage but i have no blast equipment and no rhinos

"...they'll even penetrate bocage in reverse."

If you don't mind being gamey, or just fancy having a bit of fun with your oppo, you can reverse a transport up to bocage and the passengers will disembark on the FAR side of the bocage, heh.

I would LOVE for my opponent to attempt this as a means of maneuver.