One British module down, one to go......

Sakai007

So I decided to buy some more Combat Mission today to complete the collection. I got CM;Afghanistan last time and I have been sooo very happy with that purchase, so I decided to go all in and FINALLY get the British Forces module for CMSF. I have all the others already, but I skipped the Brits cause no new Syrian units came with, plus the value of the NATO module with three different nations spoke for itself. Well, in 5 min or so, I will have the Brits fighting too!!!

Any recommendations for Brit scenarios or campaigns??? Or any special tactics for the British Forces that don't apply to the others???

Probably should have paid a little more attention to what I was doing when I installed. Figured I could add the Brit module to an install w/Marines and NATO patched to 1.32 like nothing, maybe with a 1.32 patch after to get brit up to date. Well!!! I had names of autocannons instead of assault rifles, and german squad names for the british sections!!! LoL!!! So, I did a full re-install, and now it all runs like melted butter!!! I do like some of the more unique aspects of the Brits, like the 50mm mortar HQ squads have, and those little reece type vehicles that are armed to the teeth!!! The AT teams are nice too, twin Javelins and carry 6 rounds, real tank death there!!! I also noticed that almost two full pages of scenarios came with, I will certainly be busy till commonwealth comes out! Feels good to have the WHOLE Combat Mission collection to date, lots of amazing gaming there!!

I enjoyed the Brits the most as they have less ammo and many of their vehicles are quite vulnerable compared to the US.

I loved ROYAL MUD MARINES as a great scenario that showcases many of the interesting light-skinned vehicles as well as troops. If you can win at that you have gotten a feel for how to win as the Brits.

My attentions have been turned 'elsewhere' lately but I am soooooo nostalgic for CMSF, and the Brit module especially. The Brit module was where the scenario designers hit their stride. No more learning curve, no more having to take into account novice CMSF players. Plus we discovered the joys of Google Earth and began constructing approximate real-world locations.

If you have both the Brit and Marine modules go to Repository and download "Outmanoeuvred Turbocharged" which expands on the Brit module scenario and swaps in all elite forces with all elite equipment. :)

[Edit] Oh, and (semi)recently I uploaded a batch of CM campaign scenarios extracted as standalones. Mostly NATO but one or two Brits as well.

I have had a few days to really get into the Brit module, and I finally learned how to make AI plans. Yeah, the manual tells you how, but it seemed so complex to me for some reason, then I figured out how to set groups in the unit editor just today. I set my first plan into action and it worked like I hoped it would. I may end up posting the scenario just so I can get some feed back, but any ways....

The Brit forces have to be fought in a different way then the other nations. Their IFVs have a big main gun, but no ATGMs. Their tanks are outstanding. The Inf based AT support is limited to AT4s. The Jav teams for a company are plenty capable of owning most armored assaults. The light infantry is very interesting, as their vehicles aren't well protected, but armed to the teeth. I really like the 51mm mortar that every platoon HQ has. Chally 2 Smoke rounds!!!! The AS90 is a force to be reckoned with.

I also just learned that the US Army got a new formation with this module, a true light infantry formation. The mission I put together includes some ATGM hummers, 3 Warriors, 6 WMIKs, and two platoons each of US and Brit infantry. They are up against two companies of syrian airborne infantry with a few BMPs as support. I am really in a whole new happy place being able to build AI plans, as before I had to use QB maps to make scenarios, and now I can start from scratch. LoL, I know, I didn't have to wait this long, but I am the type that I just won't know how until it comes to me.

Hey Wodin!!! I did get you message via e-mail. I have much more time for quick forum posts then an actual thought driven letter, please forgive my latency, but I will get back to you soon.

I bought the NATO module first, as I really love getting new stuff for the Red side to use. Red vs Red is one of my favorite fights, this is why I LOVE CM: Afghanistan!!! The Leopard is an excellent tank, very mobile. I would class it as a T-90 with somewhat better armor. Plus, after only having the US and USMC for so long, all the other nations are a blast to play. While I really love using the Brits atm, I think my favorite is still going to be the German Army. The Marder has a real BMP feel to it, and if you want to simulate the modern kit, use the Dutch CV9035s in place of them as that's what the Germans were upgrading to IIRC.

LoL, isn't that the truth! Been watching the news about a missing 20 month old in Waterville, that's only an hour and a half from here. I have two 16 month old girls, and while impossible with my apartments setup, the thought of someone coming and taking them in the night scares the hell out of me!!!! The comedy is much appreciated!!