Game Errors/Mistakes here

Mord

First, not sure if anybody else is getting this but the light textures on the BMP 1D are not showing up for me, can someone check this. All other BMPs are fine. I double checked to make sure it wasn't a texture loading thing by placing just the BMP 1D on a flat, smallest map possible, no other units or graphics loaded. Still come out blacked out.

bmpd1.jpg

Not sure if this is a problem or not but kinda screwed up looking. Shilka Driver absent when vehicle is unbuttoned. Probably better to not open that hatch at all when unbuttoned, if he's not gonna be there.

shilka.jpg

And found this in the Ottoman Citadel scenario. I can't go into the editor and check 'cause I am in the middle of a PBEM of the same scenario...It looks like some Cyrillic may have been left over in the text...or possibly there's just too many letters for the space and they jammed up.

malfunction.jpg

None of these are show stoppers or big deals but just figured I point them out for when a patch comes out.

Mord.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMP-1D : I also get no light textures.

Shilka: Would be interesting to know, if the driver is vulnerable to small arms fire as unbuttoned TCs.

UI-Panel: Looks like HQ written over Air. Seems to be a changed custom designation? Can't check, because I also play Ottoman Citadel - pbem as Muji at the moment.

I'll just add my points in here too:

- BMD-2s contain 85mm PG-7V HEAT rockets, the airborne troops use 58mm PG-16 rounds.

- The model of the RPG-16 launcher is also wrong. Unlike the RPG-7, the 58mm warhead fits inside of the launcher.

- BMD-2s fire their bow machine guns even when there are no troops inside to fire them!

- BMD-2s coaxial MG fires from the ATGM position!

- There is no way to reload the PPSh AFAIK, there are no 7.62x25mm rounds in any DRA vehicles

- Vehicles carrying Grenade launchers do not carry extra grenades for their passengers

- The top hatch on the ZSU-23-4 doesn't open, the commanders model just appears through the armour.

- The ZSU-23-4 doesn't appear to have a driver when his hatch opens up!

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=93197

I figure your thread has pictures so more people will look at it ;)

It also looks like we both spotted the lack of a driver on the Shilka :)

I made a quick test with the Shilka.

I fired with two elite Tribal sniper teams (with SVDs) + HQ out of a building with 3 floors on a unbuttoned immobilized Shilka. The Shilka had been given small circular target arc and was facing the building from 130 m away. Of course I had to unbutton the Shilka every new turn. After a lot of tries I indeed managed to take out the driver. (All 3 other crew members where still ok, but the TC got 'yellow'-wounded some moment later).

shilka2.jpg

First, not sure if anybody else is getting this but the light textures on the BMP 1D are not showing up for me, can someone check this. All other BMPs are fine. I double checked to make sure it wasn't a texture loading thing by placing just the BMP 1D on a flat, smallest map possible, no other units or graphics loaded. Still come out blacked out.

bmpd1.jpg

Mord.

Perhaps that's the way it's intended to look, and in fact may look 'in real life' when the light has an IR filter installed.

For example:

bmp1.jpg

Are you sure that that's an IR filter; looks more like a regular protective cover to me?

In the linked photo:

The driving lamp (the lamp over the right sprocket) appears to have a black lens, that is an IR filter.

The squad leader's spotlight (the squad leader sits behind the driver and has a hatch behind the driver's hatch) is covered with its protective cover.

The gunner's spotlight (he sits in the turret) is rotated to the rear, it may or may not have an IR filter or protective cover installed.

This photo may be a bit better:

bmp-1_02_of_59.jpg

The shooting/seeing through wall bug was found easily enough thanks to the save from Phillip. If I understand Charles' description of the problem correctly, it goes something like this...

A wall can be bisected by another wall. If there is a door on one side of the bisect, the entire wall was treated as if there was a door. Since a door allows shooting/seeing this meant the entire wall was cleared for shooting/seeing. When in reality, only 1/2 the wall should have been so designated and the other half (in the case of this map, the external half) blocked.

And if I've misunderstood his explanation it doesn't matter since he found the problem and fixed it, whatever it was :D As far as I know this bug existed for CM:SF and the current Normandy Beta as well.

The obvious question is when will we patch Afghanistan? Well, none of the bugs reported so far are "show stoppers". That means we'll wait a while to see what other problems arise and can be fixed, then release a comprehensive patch fixing all problems we know of. I can't commit to a timeframe, but I will say that we're interested in getting a patch out soon. Therefore, think in terms of weeks, not months.

Steve