Multiplayer Thread - Opponent Finder

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played Operation Z many times against the AI in the past but it has been awhile. I just started experimenting with Nupremals mod but do not have enough experience with it to offer any form of competition.

I have always been a little more interested in ETO and my knowledge base is much larger on the ETO than the Pacific but would be willing to give it a shot.

Regardless, I am quite certain that my library on WW2, which could sink a ship, will not save me against any of you veteran players.

Eitherway we all have to start some where and I would still like to get into the human vs. human matches.....perhaps in the future we can get a game going when you are not as busy. And if you know anyone who is available for one feel free to tell them so that they can feast on my inexperience.

I'm playing my first game of Operation Z in over 8+ months. Now I know why I don't play it much, doesn't do alot for me. It's basically, Japan pound China, then run back to Tokyo for the pile of Yanks coming.

I'll play you a game of Vypuero's World Campaign. You can have choice of sides.

Is that world mod the Nupremal mod? If so it seems to get good reviews. As mentioned I do not have very much experience with the mod and would not mind zipping through an AI match to see how it plays out roughly.

I would be up for it though. Have you had any experience with it? Is it balanced so the Axis have a chance to win if they play their cards right?

If I go into a game blind against an experienced player, then perhaps it would be prudent for me to play as the Allies for the first go around.

Yep, Nupremal = Vypuero. There is no A.I. for his mod.

Can the Axis win? Yes. If they hold Berlin, Rome, & Tokyo at the end Axis can get a marginal victory. That's not an easy task, as the Allies have alot of firepower, if properly played. On the otherhand, the Axis can do quite a bit of damage in Russia, maybe a SeaLion, etc.

Just let me know.

-Legend

Yes I would be willing to give it a go. It is my first human vs. human match so I do expect to take a beating.

I have the mod downloaded and i quickly glanced at the readme file but did not give it a good read. It gives all the proper changes etc?

Eitherway lets go for it. I will take the Allies for the first round and as a reminder it is my first human match and my knowledge on the PTO is average at best so bear with me.

Are there any house rules to consider? And are there any major changes that perhaps you could give me right off the bat so i can at the very least provide you with some form of competition?

i have been reading Colins AAR and it sounds interesting.....seems like alot of early invasions in the ETO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Looking PBEM for

SC PT

SC2 1.09

Never play PBEM before and a novice player

Thanks

I have owned this game for 2 years and just fired it up for the first time a few days ago. (Trip to Pearl Harbor lit the fire). Let me get a handle on this game and I'll take you up.

VERY impressed by how the AI handles the Japanese early in the game. :)

• 1 month later...

Long ago I played an excellent sim called, I think, TASK FORCE 42.

Why isn't there something like this again. Those naval battles, the cruiser and DD and a couple BB encounters in the Iron Bottom Sound area around Guadalcanal are epic naval battles.

FIGHTING STEEL was also quite good and included the Atlantic but I can't seem to get it to work on Vista or W7. Anyone know the answer to getting it going ?

The carrier battles as well that I still play on SSG's old platform (CARRIERS AT WAR) are outstanding of what could be on today PC's.

We need new sims !

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Long ago I played an excellent sim called, I think, TASK FORCE 42.

Why isn't there something like this again. Those naval battles, the cruiser and DD and a couple BB encounters in the Iron Bottom Sound area around Guadalcanal are epic naval battles.

FIGHTING STEEL was also quite good and included the Atlantic but I can't seem to get it to work on Vista or W7. Anyone know the answer to getting it going ?

The carrier battles as well that I still play on SSG's old platform (CARRIERS AT WAR) are outstanding of what could be on today PC's.

We need new sims !

Carriers at War, classic.

Another Day, Another Time,

-Legend

• 1 year later...

Gents: :cool:

I recently purchased Strategic Command WW2: Pacific Theater! :)

Now, I need to find an Allied opponent! :D

Would like to play the campaign game "Operation Z" December 7, 1941

Optional rules = fog of war and weather

Obviously, the campaign game requires a serious time commitment... so once I receive a player's response to my "opponent wanted" post... we can decide overall turn length (e.g. how many game years we want to play and other details)

Please reply to mikewest455 (at) gmail.com

Look forward to seeing you in the Pacific Theater shortly! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Opponent Wanted - Closed

Found several opponents for the campaign game (Operation Z) and several scenarios at The Blitz! http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=16

Come on over and join us there! :D

Unfortunately, this Forum does not have much activity - at least for SCWW2 Pacific Theater? :(

I recently purchased Strategic Command WW2: Pacific Theater!

Now, I need to find an Allied opponent!

Would like to play the campaign game "Operation Z" December 7, 1941

Optional rules = fog of war and weather

Obviously, the campaign game requires a serious time commitment... so once I receive a player's response to my "opponent wanted" post... we can decide overall turn length (e.g. how many game years we want to play and other details)

Look forward to seeing you in the Pacific Theater shortly! ;)

Thanks Bill :)

Really enjoying SCWW2 Pacific Theater! I have two campaign games (Operation Z) and several scenarios underway against two opponents! PBeM really shines!

Thanks for sharing that Kool Kat, and good to see you found some opponents. Happy gaming in the Pacific! :)

• 8 months later...

Hi there

I am new to the forum and only considering buying SC WWI + Breakthrough this week along with SC WWII Pacific Theatre - a long time wargamer though with years of wargaming under my belt - but due to my hardcore approach I stopped playing against the AI and have stuck to human opponents and it all depends whether I may find consistent, dedicated an trustworthy opponents. At the same time an avid student of WWI for over two years now and of the war in the Pacific basin even longer than that, can play any side with maximally realistic options on like realistic weather effects etc. in virtually any scenario.

• 8 months later...
Hi there

I am new to the forum and only considering buying SC WWI + Breakthrough this week along with SC WWII Pacific Theatre - a long time wargamer though with years of wargaming under my belt - but due to my hardcore approach I stopped playing against the AI and have stuck to human opponents and it all depends whether I may find consistent, dedicated an trustworthy opponents. At the same time an avid student of WWI for over two years now and of the war in the Pacific basin even longer than that, can play any side with maximally realistic options on like realistic weather effects etc. in virtually any scenario.

If you want to make some edits to the Pacific campaign for balance, highly recommend the game.