Did I miss the memo? (email)

Mastiff

Originally posted by dez1:

Yes i got no e-mail

You don't need an email invitation from BFC to download the game.

Go to your email client, find your purchase confirmation email, and click on the link, therein.

It will take you to a download page.

All you have to do is provide your proof of purchase code, and click download.

It's really just as easy as that.

PoE

I don't think they emailed everyone like they said they were going to, for whatever reason.

I saw some messages about the game in this forum and went for the download from the receipt I was emailed about a month ago.

I just installed it and loaded the main menu.I'll have more time to check it out tomorrow after work.

I'm not to worried about how it will run. With a quadcore and 8800GTX and 2gigs of ram I've never had any problems with low frames. I'll run everything as high as it will go and at 1920 x 1200 as I do with all games. And yes the extra cores DO make a difference believe me! :D

[ April 19, 2007, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: FaxisAxis ]

Originally posted by FaxisAxis:

I don't think they emailed everyone like they where going to for whatever reason.

I saw some people taking about the game in the forum and started downloading from the receipt I was emailed about a month ago.

I dearly dread taking a guess here, but BFC may have sent out the emails in a staggered fashion based on date of purchase. The earlier you purchased, the sooner you get your invite. That's just a guess, though, my outsider's "credentials" having been thoroughly established, hereabouts.

PoE

Well, according to Martin, he did email everyone that ordered but its more than likely that the message got caught up people's Spam filters.

I gotta teach that boy how to make his emails formatted so that doesn't happen so ofen. ;)

Madmatt

Originally posted by Capt. Toleran:

I checked my filters, inbox, everything, no dice, and I'm NOT happy. I preordered, and here it is, almost the 20th by EST time, and I still can't download (I sent an e-mail regarding these issues to support). Anybody else in the same boat?

You don't need the email to download, just click the link in your pre-order confirmation. There must be something else going on.

Sigh, it finally started working for me. Just FYI. Wish it had been this morning, because I'm not going to be able to play it tonight after the 3 hour download.

Oh, and I still don't have my e-mail. I checked my spam filter, everything. Not cool.

Btw, before, it wasn't even acknowledging my license key, because I got that security error screen, which was total BS. I checked everything (enabled stuff on IE, checked my firewall, etc.), nothing made a difference. It just suddenly started working, with no change on my end.