I FOUND OUT THE THEATER OF CMX2!

Znarf

I don't know how long it will be before Battlefront removes this thread and eliminates my user account, but I have BREAKING NEWS!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have an unimpeachable source in the Battlefront organization and the following can now be revealed with the utmost certainty:

:eek:

The title and theater of the first release of CMx2 will be:

:eek: :D

Are you ready?

redface.gif

Combat Mission II: GRENEDA INVASION

:D

Are you kidding? Grenada is great! You get a small group of paras, who find out that their equipment is crap, their Intel is worse, and the enemy is nearly impossible to find. But the babes at the University... now THERE is an Objective worth taking :D

Seriously Grenada was an important military operation for the post-Vietnam US military. So snickering and side comments (like mine smile.gif ) don't do the operation justice. But for a CM level game, not a good pick :D

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Are you kidding? Grenada is great! You get a small group of paras, who find out that their equipment is crap, their Intel is worse, and the enemy is nearly impossible to find. But the babes at the University... now THERE is an Objective worth taking :D

Seriously Grenada was an important military operation for the post-Vietnam US military. So snickering and side comments (like mine smile.gif ) don't do the operation justice. But for a CM level game, not a good pick :D

Steve

I know a Full Bird Colonel who referred to the Invasion of Grenada as

"Special Olympics for the Military"

Originally posted by stoat:

Isn't that close to Malta? :D

Is it Grenada (Spain) or Grenada (Caribbean)?

:confused:

The coastal region in Spain is Granada, not Grenada.

According to a legend, a Soviet tv news reader was fired because she accidentally said that US forces had invaded Granada...

I seem to recall - and I could be really REALLY wrong on this - that the Granada invasion resulted in more U.S. combat casualties than the whole of Desert Storm 1! I think I've still got some old news coverage of the thing on a VCR tape somewhere. Was not exactly the most efficiently run operation. Between Granada and Lebanon the Reagan admin didn't leave office with a particularly impressive military record.