Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;1082257']fun games on sunday!

I now have a better plan for that map where we suffered defeat, 152.

Course we had our revenge on dead gulch, and what sweet revenge it was!

Yes jby, that Dead Gulch round was great, just like all the other games I've played there! Once more, we showcased ion units for Stonewall and oren_m to see. And oren_m, I hope you've learned that standard ballistics aren't always the way to go!

jby, about that better plan for Slug Fest in objective mode-could you PM me about it? I'm curious.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know, only kim2, OverHead, and myself showed up yesterday. kim got OverHead to chat! It also looks like OverHead went from newb to semi-vet in only 9 days! Given, kim and I were trying to attack Slug Fest on objective mode, but OverHead did a good job raiding our rear-it cost us the round. There's an example I'll have to cite when a new player wants to know how much practice they need before they play with us. I'll tell them they only need 1 week of 1-hour a day practice.

On a somewhat related note, if anyone can make it this Wednesday or Sunday, I'll be there. And you'll have to go easy on me, my aim is rusty from lack of recent battles.

Damn, I can't wait until move and I get high speed again. I have missed this game. It just isn't playable on dial-up, at least with the speeds I get.

By the way, has there been any news in the last year or so from the DT programmers? Things seem to have fallen awfully silent on that front.

Posted by Jalinth

Damn, I can't wait until move and I get high speed again. I have missed this game. It just isn't playable on dial-up, at least with the speeds I get.

I know. Playing DropTeam on a 384k cable connection rocks, which is why I know. Welcome back. I'm relatively new, having been playing online since this February. A lot of new people have shown up. Here are some:

• Kim Bruning[kim2]
    Rather good, but a bit stubborn and neurotic.
  • missinginreality[MiR]
    A pretty good player, and he's coming up with some good ideas.
  • OverHead
    He's been on and off for some time. Learned how to chat Sunday. Is getting quite good.
  • Aniruddha[ZenGentoo]
    A new player, who's still learning. Haven't seen him recently.

And then of course there's me. I'm a good tactician, can put a 120mm HEAT round on target from 6000 meters, and have some good tricks involving infantry. How long before you can join us? It'd be great to have another vet to blow up. :D And just out of curiosity, how much longer do I have to play before I become a vet?

Posted by Phonan

They are, though, apparently working on the sequel or some such...?

They're working on DT 2, info leaked by Clay to your truly a while ago. I'll ask him for a release date, if I have the opportunity.

Thanks for the welcome, all. It's nice to see that people remember me. The DT community was and still is great.

152mm, I seem to remember playing with/against you at some point. Perhaps when I was at a LAN party in town.

I was in Barrie when I got the game, but I have since moved back home to near Kingston, Ontario. I'm out in the country so no high speed for me. I don't know when I'll be getting an apartment in town, but once I do I plan to get back into DT.

I can't wait to teach all the new kids* about the dangers of a dedicated Thor heavy mortar user. I've missed the feeling of taking out dropships with them. :)

*We will ignore the fact that I, at under 25 years of age, am probably younger then a fair number of the DT players.

Thanks for the welcome, all. It's nice to see that people remember me. The DT community was and still is great.

152mm, I seem to remember playing with/against you at some point. Perhaps when I was at a LAN party in town.

I was in Barrie when I got the game, but I have since moved back home to near Kingston, Ontario. I'm out in the country so no high speed for me. I don't know when I'll be getting an apartment in town, but once I do I plan to get back into DT.

I can't wait to teach all the new kids* about the dangers of a dedicated Thor heavy mortar user. I've missed the feeling of taking out dropships with them. :)

*We will ignore the fact that I, at under 25 years of age, am probably younger then a fair number of the DT players.

I've never hit the LAN party scene (Hey, I need sleep too! :D). But there have been DropTeam LAN gamers, like Schturm, who have shown up online. (How I wish he'd come back, and bring his friends with him!) Dedicated Thor mortars? I use them pretty often, and you should have been around when Jung clobbered us on Forsaken with a 6 Thor mortar barrage. :eek:

Hope you get your apartment soon, so I can have some fun with you. With fall falling (haha), we should see a return of players, and more glorious battles. (Provided kim2 doesn't anger Jung again.)

You think you're young? Check my profile.