Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;1095584']sorry ' date='but i had a few tech difficulties, i think the mainb. was overheating, because i forgot to hook up a fan :)[/quote']

Oh. Have you downloaded AMD/ATI's latest graphics drivers? If not, do so. It could save you Phonan's ZebraTeam problem. It was solved a while back when I suggested to him to download Nvidia's latest drivers.

Re: Recon In Force-Don't let kim2 take command. Defer that to Stonewall. House to House was so close, I thought we'd won. Blood won 1991-1962. My aim was as good as always (barring my traditional shakiness at CQB), and it was great to break the hiatus.

Primo Victoria!

I hope it never dies, and that DT2 comes out soon. I'll email Clay about it tonight.

heh, I somehow missed that we won after all in house to house.

in recon in force, your main mistake (from my point of view) was that you never cut off my reinforcements with a bacchus. also you let your precious 120mm thors trundle towards my base under bot control, should have let them fire at range. the ion attack was good, but it would have been better to leave that to the bots.

Re: Recon In Force-Don't let kim2 take command.

I'm a bit less experienced commanding humans, for some reason :-P

(Need more games for that). Typically I get the start set up correctly, but usually you need to make some sort of evolution halfway, and that's where I'm having trouble getting things together. (In recon in force, at some point you stop shooting from the hills, and either advance forward, or strike the base from behind.) Towards the end of the round, we were fighting on the base where we were supposed to be, but we didn't have many forces to fight with there. That was my mistake.

@JBY: I should have stopped bots landing with thor KC-H at all eh? KC* is less useful when you're shooting at a base with one of those close-in-defence towers.

I think it's stonewalls(?) tactic to strike from behind with fast vehicles. If you've got some heavies shooting at the front-side, I figure that'd probably end up being the best combination.

I'm not sure about having ion tanks be controlled by the computer, I've never actually seen an ai-controllled ion tank get a kill? Though that might just be me.

Kim Bruning[kim2]

Rather good, but a bit stubborn and neurotic.

I wonder how I earned the "neurotic" ... was it the one time this dude kept snarfing the EWV off of thor+ewv pairs? In the middle of the opposing formation? Several times?

opfor: "OHAI!" :cool:

us: *KABLOOIE*

(repeat)

There's lots of funny stories I can tell you about that round, if you're into schadenfreude ;-)

(Need more games for that). Typically I get the start set up correctly, but usually you need to make some sort of evolution halfway, and that's where I'm having trouble getting things together. (In recon in force, at some point you stop shooting from the hills, and either advance forward, or strike the base from behind.) Towards the end of the round, we were fighting on the base where we were supposed to be, but we didn't have many forces to fight with there. That was my mistake.

@JBY: I should have stopped bots landing with thor KC-H at all eh? KC* is less useful when you're shooting at a base with one of those close-in-defence towers.

I think it's stonewalls(?) tactic to strike from behind with fast vehicles. If you've got some heavies shooting at the front-side, I figure that'd probably end up being the best combination.

I'm not sure about having ion tanks be controlled by the computer, I've never actually seen an ai-controllled ion tank get a kill? Though that might just be me.

LOL, that's funny, because I'm the one who has trouble with the start-up plan and comes up with a better idea during the evolution halfway! :D

I think you should have kept landing Thor KC-H, but also should have landed more Apollo KC-H, and moved the drop zone, most likely E. KC-H, because of its high velocity, is the best chance you have of getting through a ion tower. Still, either get close, or overwhelm the tower with a storm of 20mm fire. As for Stonewall's rear raiding, he does that as a defensive tactic when he plays as Blood, and it's quite effective at that!

Bot controlled ion fire is just a mockery, IMO, of a ion battery. Their accuracy is horrible and the target would have to sit still for a long time to get killed. 2 or more human controlled ion tanks can destroy a battlefield, as you and I learned the last time we played on Dead Gulch.

One last thing: It's easy to get shooting skills back. It's not easy to get bot-wrangling skills back!

Edit for more content:

Posted by Kim Bruning

I wonder how I earned the "neurotic" ... was it the one time this dude kept snarfing the EWV off of thor+ewv pairs? In the middle of the opposing formation? Several times?

opfor: "OHAI!" :cool:

us: *KABLOOIE*

(repeat)

There's lots of funny stories I can tell you about that round, if you're into schadenfreude ;-)

I'm always ready for a funny story. :D Could you post them here so we could all hear them? BTW, I put the tag "neurotic" on you because you always needed a Hermes with your formations. (Note: the tag isn't meant to be negative in any way ;)) I thought it was odd. You still keep a Hermes with you, as I noticed on House to House. At least it isn't as necessary as it used to be. Beware, though: The Hermes' AA/point defense gun, which delivers us from mortars, Hurricanes, enemy dropships, enemy Galaxies, and AT grenades, does have a blind spot, right in front of the vehicle. It is here that AT grenades can penetrate, and Hurricane shells can get through.

Edit 2: Almost forgot, who were you playing with on that round where you snarfed EWVs? Jung? I'm waiting for a good story.

You need trhe thors in the end since they are the only units that can survive HEAT. On a good day any of us experienced players can take out a whole army of apollos in minutes.

if you keep the thors at distance (just give them a move order) it forces the defenders to leave the base. Also even the most experienced bot wrangler has a hard time keeping the bots from pointing their backsides at the enemy, so you stand a good chance of depleting the defender even if many of your rounds get stopped by the ion tower.

Ions controlled by bots work fine, especially in large groups i.e all 4 ion thors. The weakness of the bots is their maneuvering, not their aim. When positioning is essential I sometimes drive to the intended position and lock the brakes. bots can´t unlock breaks :)

Posted by jby

You need trhe thors in the end since they are the only units that can survive HEAT. On a good day any of us experienced players can take out a whole army of apollos in minutes.

Not from the sides they can't. I'd correct your statement to say, "since they are the only units that can survive HEAT from the front". Your best bet when facing a Thor, if you have no ATGM units, is to wait for it to get closer, then maneuver to hit it in the side if you have HEAT, or if you have AP, shoot it through the track.

My final word is this: I wasn't commanding on Recon In Force. I don't know if I could have done a better job, but I still wasn't commanding. I'm not intending to be defensive, I'm just saying what happened.

Almost forgot, who were you playing with on that round where you snarfed EWVs? Jung? I'm waiting for a good story.

I'm pretty sure Kim is referring to me.

I'm also pretty sure I have a fairly good idea of how to bot wrangle a team to victory.

Once again, I'm pretty sure, after having Kim lose it on me for messing with his hermes, that I promised to never touch his hermes during a game again...at least while on the same team.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that I was fairly drunk during the game in question, so I guess I can't be sure about that much after all.

I'm pretty sure Kim is referring to me.

I'm also pretty sure I have a fairly good idea of how to bot wrangle a team to victory.

Once again, I'm pretty sure, after having Kim lose it on me for messing with his hermes, that I promised to never touch his hermes during a game again...at least while on the same team.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that I was fairly drunk during the game in question, so I guess I can't be sure about that much after all.

Uh, Jung, are you drunk right now? Because if you were sober, I think I'd see some quotes from me in those blank spaces. (Odds are you aren't drunk, given you're moving) No offense to you if you aren't. On an unrelated note, is anyone coming tonight?