Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it would appear Canada will be taking on the Russians in the World Ice Hockey Championship finals today at 1:00 pm EST. Being a bit of a hockey fanatic, like any true Canadian, I will be glued to the television until the hockey game is over. So if I'm late this afternoon, just hold your horses and I'll be along eventually.

Posted by jby

I couldn´t possibly explain in six words.

I meant six words from me, not six words from you. Anyway, with Jung and you absent, it's no wonder no one showed up. Is there some secret communication line I haven't heard about that lets people know when the top players will be absent? And by the way, jby, how's the .scenario file work coming along?

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

As for Jung, I bet I know why he didn´t turn up. Russia beat Canada at Ice Hockey, so 99% of all canadians were probably commiserating in bars.

Canada, at the time the defending champion, was leading 4-2 going into the final period and managed to lose in overtime; so yeah, I was in no mood to do anything but drink after that.

Originally posted by Junglist:

Canada, at the time the defending champion, was leading 4-2 going into the final period and managed to lose in overtime; so yeah, I was in no mood to do anything but drink after that.

I bet the Russians felt the same :D

Don't expect too much pity from me after beating us, what was it, 7:1? ;)

I'll be damned! y'all are still playing?

Geez, I haven't had time to play in ages. I've got me a new computer now, so who knows. I'll have to email clay or something to get my old download back, since I don't have the key anymore. (Or is there a better way of going about it?)

How often are y'all playing anymore?

Hey Chilibird, how's it going? Yeah, some of us still play on Sundays in the afternoon (3 PM EST) and Wednesday nights (7:30 PM EST). It would be great if you joined us sometime and we could team up as Team Rbentus again for old time sake. Anyway, with summer coming I'm sure the attendance at the games will become sporadic, as people go on holidays or get busy doing things outside.

Hey Chilibird (EDIT: Iceman,) welcome back! Of course, if you start playing with a Viper again I'll feel like a cheap ripoff. I'm sure, though, that everyone else is glad you're back! tongue.gif

Seriously, its great to see you here again,and if you start playing again, please join us for some of those Sunday and Wednesday matches!

It's great to meet you, Chilibird! I'm commonly known as 152, a deadly marksman, and a guy who goes berserk if no one is on his side. You can always see me on the Sunday and Wednesday games. And by the way, Jung, the turret ramming I did on Forsaken on Wednesday was intentional. I was going too fast for even me to track them and I had to become a carbon and iridium avalanche.

Just to let you know, Chilibird, in the realm of new players, we've gained some: tb87670, kim2, RAT@$$, among others, but none of them have shown up recently. In fact, the only new player who's played consistently is me. :D

great games today...we had 10 players at one point I believe...152 and rua did a great job 4 on 2 in ctf - sorry guys, I didn't realize it was 4 on 2 until right at the end....jby you missed some good old fashioned Dropteam with a capital TEAM today....maybe more later, got to go cook before wife slays me

Posted by Jung

great games today...we had 10 players at one point I believe...152 and rua did a great job 4 on 2 in ctf - sorry guys, I didn't realize it was 4 on 2 until right at the end....

That's right! That really was a lot of fun. Thanks for the kudos on Slug Fest (I got to do my Shrike ballet again smile.gif ), and I saved the Raid and Recon In Force rounds. As for the number of players:

Blood:

</font>

• Me</font>
  • Phonan</font>
  • Ruaanith</font>
  • Ithai</font>
  • Paul Snively (He finally showed up!)

Water:</font>
  • Jung</font>
  • STONEWALL</font>
  • Foxbat</font>
  • kim2 (Is he becoming a regular?)</font>

Looks like 9 to me but awesome days! Too bad you missed it jby, and where were you? We've got to have another Sunday like that! Could someone get some video capture and upload it to YouTube on a day like this, so we can get the word out on how great a game this is? (I'll cover my ideas in another topic) Finally, Clay, please, please, please update the replay server, we should be able to remember this awesome day!

Yeah, I realized after I wrote that it was actually 5 vs 4 at the peak. Anyway, 9 is pretty freaking awesome showing these days. The battle on the Recon In Force map was one of the most fluid games I've ever played; although we lost in the end by 200 points (or something like that - if only we had saved one more SAM for final minutes) it was a blast!

Yeah, what saved the Recon In Force round for us was trenches, Ithai getting through with a cutter to recapture the ion tower, and my deadly gunnery. Good idea with the infantry drop, though. If you had all dropped at the same time all around us, you would have had us in trouble. As it was, that didn't happen and my 14mm coax bagged a lot of kills. Treachery was a lot of fun, too, but I would like to see the gametype set back to Objective. I still remember the awesome rounds there with that gametype, and still have some tricks ready.

Also, for anyone who's here, here's the 1st part of my Angry German Kid spoof:

I've created this thread for the purpose of having a place for humor in this intimate, small fanbase we inhabit. Everyone who has a keyboard and enough brain cells to type is welcome here. Enough formalities, let's start with my humor! (Note: AGK is a viral video about a 14-year-old boy named Leopold who flips out at his computer.)

(Note 2: Quoth Jung: "It was funny", about my last attempt at humor)

Angry German Kid Plays DropTeam

AGK: (Sweeps pirated game discs off desk) "Computer, load DT! 152's 40-player server is up and running this Sunday! Now!"

"Load DropTeam and get ready to pwn!" (Lifts keyboard onto desk)

"Start it, now, I want to cash on 152's publicity deeeeeaaaalllll!!!" (Hammers keyboard) (In said publicity deal, I taught him how to play the game that made him forget about UT, and in return, he agreed to make a video of himself playing DropTeam)

"It's starting now. Good."

(Moves pirated copies of office apps off desk) "Out of my way!!!"

(Starts DT without incident, clicks "Network", and then clicks "refresh". As results come back, hammers 3 times on his mouse in shock)

"A ping of only 150!!! Oh my gosh it has only 2 spots left!!!" (Pounds keyboard twice) "I'd better get on now!!! Wooooooaaaahhhh!!!"

(Clicks on "40 For Fighting" server, then clicks "Join")

"Yes, it starts! Here we go! Here we go! Here we gooooooooo!!! Here we go! Here we go!"

(Scenario loads) "Yes, its Hide and Seeeeeeekk!!! (Pounds keyboard yet again) I've always wanted to play this one!"

The end of Part 1...

In Part 2, Leopold sees his teammates and opponents...

For anyone who wants to see the 2nd part, check out this topic, and feel free to add your own parts about the AGK playing DT. Feel free to do whatever you want to do with him in the story, as long as he's still playing DropTeam. :D

Posted by jby

Divine intervention:we had the mother of all thunderstorms here. which proves that god hates me. 9 players..grumble...mumble...

Reminds me of the thunderstorm I had on Friday. The marble sized hail was piling up on the ground like snow. As you might have noticed, I've been trying to get people to look at and add their own parts to my AGK Plays DropTeam spoof. Think you could take a look and add some funny parts to it?