Sunday Bloody Sunday VS Black Sabbath

Junglist

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you all know, I spent Sunday playing co-op with kim2. The most noteworthy game was the last one, a CTF round at Boiling Point. We scored what I think is a new record for flags: 7 flags (!), including a last second score by me. It was just like jby's last second score at Low Dunes, but without the game on the line. Just out of curiosity: What is the current record for flags brought in?

Amazing rounds today!

Here's who showed up at various times:

Me

kim2

Jung

jby

Ithai

ThePhantom

Redcon

The Raid and Recon In Force rounds were the best. In the Raid round, Jung, kim2, and me took the base after a seesaw battle with the best action in weeks. In the Recon In Force round, ThePhantom and I held off jby and Redcon in an amazing battle. These battles were so great that they justify updating the replay server. So Clay, could you please update the replay server so we can see them, and maybe make movies of them?

Looking forward to Wednesday, kim2 will try to make it and MiR is certain to show up. Can anyone else make it this Wednesday?

Maaate, looking forward to it; will see you there again on Wednesday. Sunday night fight sounded awesome; might have to move just to fix the timezones :)

Glad to hear it. kim2 said he'd try to show up on Wednesday as well. Now all we need is an old hand to introduce you to... jby, could you show up on Wednesday to show MiR (as he's known in-game) what an old hand can do?;)

Anyway, mate, I'll be sending you a sequel to my Who's Who and Some Helpful Definitions soon. Look for it.

;1077743']I wish I could' date=' but to function as cog in the global economy I have to sleep at that time (2-5 am for me).[/quote']

Darn, forgot about time zones. Who else can make it this Wednesday? I remember back before the curse of summer fell on us, Phonan and Stonewall were guarantees. I'm also assuming that Jung will be too busy that day. So, it looks like Ruaanith (maybe), Ithai (I'm very certain), me (I'm very certain:D), kim2, and MiR.

P.S. Jung, will you be too busy on Wednesday to meet MiR?

Wednesdays are not going to be happening for me for at least a month now. Its around 1400 here so I am stuck doing things that I enjoy more than this (sailing, sorry guys good game but.....). So wednesdays are not my time. Sundays I will try to make.

Gee, that was fun yesterday. The battle on Raid teetered on the edge until 152mm managed to capture the central tower, allowing us to drop en masse near the objective - nicely done team.

As you guys can tell I've been pretty busy lately, but I will still try to make Sunday and Wednesday games when I can.

Gee, that was fun yesterday. The battle on Raid teetered on the edge until 152mm managed to capture the central tower, allowing us to drop en masse near the objective - nicely done team.

Yeah, I was desperate and found Ecclesius with an infantry squad inside the base's SW corner. I made a beeline for the central ion tower, hoping to divert attention away from kim2 and you. Much to my surprise when I made it, I found out it was an engineer squad, and I had no attention drawn to me while I captured.

Posted by Jung

As you guys can tell I've been pretty busy lately, but I will still try to make Sunday and Wednesday games when I can.

That's nice to hear.:) Hope to see you this Wednesday so MiR can meet you.

Yeah, I was desperate and found Ecclesius with an infantry squad inside the base's SW corner. I made a beeline for the central ion tower, hoping to divert attention away from kim2 and you. Much to my surprise when I made it, I found out it was an engineer squad, and I had no attention drawn to me while I captured.

That's hilarious! I had dropped that engineer unit about 10 minutes earlier, told them to hunker down, and then promptly forgot they were on the battlefield. At least I correctly anticipated what units we might need as the battle progressed.

That's hilarious! I had dropped that engineer unit about 10 minutes earlier, told them to hunker down, and then promptly forgot they were on the battlefield. At least I correctly anticipated what units we might need as the battle progressed.

hehe, good war story :)

I really have to write up a check list for raid. I always forget something. This time I forgot to place sensors. By the time I realised my mistake, we were already in trouble.

For once I have to say something nice about the bots. In our last game, the bots dropped in a nice little battle group made up of thors, apollos and paladins in the right place at the right time enablling us to kick 152 out of his base right at the beginning of the game (maybe also because 152 was experimenting with trenches again and wasn´t paying attention :) ). Good thinking then after that though by 152, keeping up AA all the time and thus keeping us from setting up turrets in the base.

Posted by jby

In our last game, the bots dropped in a nice little battle group made up of thors, apollos and paladins in the right place at the right time enablling us to kick 152 out of his base right at the beginning of the game (maybe also because 152 was experimenting with trenches again and wasn´t paying attention :) )

Actually, I was counting on my teammate to keep you busy while I made a trench. I wasn't experimenting, I've just had a good track record with trenches and Recon In Force. And if you do recall, the trenches did hold up your Thor when you tried to force your way in.

But after you'd taken over the base, I snuck in with an engineer infantry squad and recaptured the Ion tower. That turned the tables, along with some money shots from me:D, and the infantry I left in there did a very good job.