OFFICIAL PATCH REQUESTS and BUG REPORTS Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this has being mentioned before but some weird things in the 1941 QB lists.

German mountain and airborne available throughout the year - names not dimmed. You can however only buy support troops, tanks not infantry up until May when they both appear. German Mountain infantry but not support etc, disappears again until the end of the year.

Not up that well on DAK to know when they should be available but think Rommel made his first attacks in December 1941, which would mean infantry and mech troops available from that date?

Another point which I have not specifically asked for in the past - is proper icon for Italian tank Mgs not .30 Browning and a Springfield icon for US squads although listed uses Garand. US Sniper option of Garand or Springfield would be nice as well.

((Off Topic))

Re to Mark G. :

What music is played on the battleground in Henry V, and who wrote it?

Patrick Doyle composed the music, "Non nobis Domine", and sang the solo. The Stephen Hill Singers and members of the cast provided the chorus. The words are based on Psalm 115.

The Latin Vulgate text used in the film is:

Non nobis, Domine, Domine,

sed nomini tuo da gloriam,

Repetition:

Non nobis, Domine, Domine

Non nobis Domine

Sed nomine, sed nomine

Tuo da gloria

Translation (Prayer Book Version):

Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us,

but unto thy Name give the praise.

- - -

Nonne militia est vita hominis super terram,

et sicut dies mercennarii dies eius?

Job, 7 .1

Isn´t the life of man upon earth a warfare,

and his days that of a mercenary?

Seems like we're getting close to a patch so I don't know if this is too late, but I spotted much oddness while trying to purchase US armoured engineers for a QB. Seems like someone has dropped an extra 0 into the halftrack price cost (390 points each!). Excuse the split format caused by my free image hoster.

2004211567953487285154.jpg2004213831253126350660.jpg

Also, has the large US platoon HQ size issue been caught?

Originally posted by Mark Gallear:

[QB] Don't know if this has being mentioned before but some weird things in the 1941 QB lists.

German mountain and airborne available throughout the year - names not dimmed. You can however only buy support troops, tanks not infantry up until May when they both appear. German Mountain infantry but not support etc, disappears again until the end of the year.

This happens with French troops too - you can't buy infantry in certain periods. I'll add this.

Another point which I have not specifically asked for in the past - is proper icon for Italian tank Mgs not .30 Browning and a Springfield icon for US squads although listed uses Garand.
Shared BMPs can't be considered "bugs".

US Sniper option of Garand or Springfield would be nice as well.
This is in the listing.

Originally posted by WWB:

That other issue is probably a rarity issue. What month was it in?

WWB

Looks like April 43, judging by the screenshot. ;)

I checked this in the editor. M3A1 halftrack is not available at that time - but it is included in the TO&E for Mechanized Engineers. In QB's this causes a superhigh rarity, it seems. This is very much like the fixed issue with Soviet late war airborne platoons with 50mm mortars in CMBB.

Not up that well on DAK to know when they should be available but think Rommel made his first attacks in December 1941, which would mean infantry and mech troops available from that date?

Where did you hear that? German troops actually began sparring with the Brits in later February, 1941 and a month later Rommel launched a major offensive. Between that time and December, he had driven the British (and other Commonwealth forces) out of Cyrenica and all the way back into Egypt except for the very tough garrison in Tobruk. He had received three or four bloody noses trying to break into Tobruk and had dealt out a couple at the border. But then Operation Crusader had driven him back to el Agheila, where he had started nine months earlier. All that happened before the end of December.

Michael

Sorry Michael being go through the QB game setup checking things to much - my Brain has gone STRANGE :eek: redface.gif :eek: :confused: tongue.gif .

(I honestly didn't want to confuse anybody further!)

I have a date of March 31 1941 for Rommels first attack on the British - that’s when they noticed anyway according to the history book I have just picked up! (German light armoured division plus two Italian Divs)

(To be fair to Michael the newer Nigel Cawthorne, 2003 Steel Fist Tank Warfare 1939-45 has a date of February 12.)

I got up to May 1941 in the QB and still no DAK so something is wrong somewhere!

Anyway for some strange reason I suddenly had the urge to find out which gun BMPs are used in the game - amongst my interesting discoveries are :

The French Pistol (Revolver) shares its BMP with the US Pistol - the distinctive Colt Automatic - BMP 1911

The French Hotchkiss MMG 1932 shares its BMP with the Breda MMG - BMP 1932 (A bit obvious because they are both in the French list!)

On the shared BMPs cannot be considred bugs point there does seem to be rather a lot of BMPs of guns that are not used!

[ February 01, 2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Mark Gallear ]

The French Hotchkiss MMG 1932 shares its BMP with the Breda MMG - BMP 1932 (A bit obvious because they are both in the French list!)

On the shared BMPs cannot be considred bugs point there does seem to be rather a lot of BMPs of guns that are not used!

The Hotchkiss one I've noted; if you can be specific about which bmps are used incorrectly, and which ones should be used instead, that would be great. I have one or two examples that I have found when I was modding the gunrack bmps, they are listed in post 1.

Just checked the Allied Paras for Invasion of Sicily - July 1943.

The British Para Officer has standard Webley Service Revolver should it not be the Browning Automatic or something else in this period?

(Found some more out - Standard Webley is acceptable - other choices are US .38 Smith and wesson revolvers, webley in .45, Colt .45 and Browning 9mm were issued. Not sure when Browning became standard.

The Boys AT rifle in company seems unlikely - canot find any evidence of use by British paras at any time and PIAT was available at this time.

Gammon grenade was also available.)

The US Paras and I'm not talking about the Glider troops have squads of 12 men, ten with the Garand rifle and a BAR as they jumped with their guns I would have thought the chutes would have ripped off with that weight.

(Believe it or not found Photo of US Paras getting into the plane to jump and then fight the French in North Africa with Garands just on shoulder strap! Cannot see any Bars or Thompson -one man has M1 carbine.)

:confused:

[ February 02, 2004, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Mark Gallear ]

Mark, you were right: the Regia Aeronautica (Royal Airforce) introduced the first reliable monoplanes only in the Summer of 41. They gradually substituted (even if not completely) the biplanes during the war.

The following Italian aircrafts have a different availability date:

G50 available from April 41 instead of July 40

Macchi C200 "Saetta" available from April 1941 instead of July 40

Macchi C202 "Folgore" available from November 1941 instead of July 40

Junkers JU87 available from April 41 instead of June 42(the 96th group, deployed in Misurata, was entirely equipped with this German manufactured plane)

The following Italian aircrafts were equipped with a different armament:

Ro37 had three and not two 7.7mm MGs

Cr42 did not have any bomb. Actually there was a "CB" version (acronym for fighter-bomber in Italian) equipped with 2x100 kg bombs (and not the single 550 lbs bomb of CMAK) but it was deployed in April 1941.

So the Cr42 should not have the bomb load before April 1941 and the bombs should be 2x100 kg and not 1x550 lbs.

The following planes should be left out of the Eastern Africa theatre as they were never deployed there: G50, Macchi C200, Macchi C202.

***Off-topic***

Mark, Paco has already translated my signatures very precisely. The first one was the saying on the standard of the Templar Knights during the Crusades.

Hi all,

Just a question, really; were German 37mm gun Pz III's in NA at all? I see you can buy them in the Editor, but I seem to remember reading in Jentz (not here with me, it's in another country) that all the Pz III's shipped to NA were 50L42 from the get-go.

Originally posted by atiff:

Just a question, really; were German 37mm gun Pz III's in NA at all? I see you can buy them in the Editor, but I seem to remember reading in Jentz (not here with me, it's in another country) that all the Pz III's shipped to NA were 50L42 from the get-go.

As far as I know you are correct. I believe there were a few 37mm-armed Mk. IIIs in Barbarossa, but most of them had been phased out by that time.

Michael

Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultima

I think the turret issue on tanks like the Panzer IV should be addressed.

If you sum up for me exactly what the issue is here, I can add it to the initial post. ie

a) what is portrayed in CM

B) how this differs from "reality"

c) what specifically needs to be changed in CM

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by atiff:

As far as I know you are correct. I believe there were a few 37mm-armed Mk. IIIs in Barbarossa, but most of them had been phased out by that time.

Michael </font>

These OOB debates are getting tiresome. I'd rather stick needles in my eye than read another post on whether the M3A1 halftrack became vailable in October or November. Aren't there any Grogs out there who can uncover some thrilling and insidious bug? Geez, fellas, this may be the first and final patch.

The short form, the thread has more info:

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultima

I think the turret issue on tanks like the Panzer IV should be addressed.

If you sum up for me exactly what the issue is here, I can add it to the initial post. ie

a) what is portrayed in CM

</font>