Best scenarios of the WWII CM2's

38 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I just tried that one based on the various comments here.....Kudos to @Bulletpoint for fiendish unit placement on a very tidy little map.  B)

Thank you. I actually restrained myself a bit, because I did not want to create a "perfect" defence. There are five different AI plans, and the enemy setup is variable within each setup, so each team has a variety of positions to choose from, all of which make sense, but the combination of the various placements might not always add up to a 100 pct optimal defence.

Even so, it's probably still a bit too difficult. Did you manage to beat it?

Nope.....I managed to sneak men very close to the german postions and we had played a very interesting game of hide & seek in the orchard on the left, but then I had a really unfortunate outbreak of Bocage-Bug (platoon HQ decided to commit suicide after a single rifle/sniper shot freaked him out), so I quit my session. 

Will give it another go though.....It reminds me of some of my own MOUT stuff, tight map, small forces, savage placement.  So I really want to beat it.  ;) 

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Will give it another go though.....I

ah ha an other bitten by the virus😉
you have to play it in 4.00 or 3.12 if you still have it
I will not give you advice and let you, discover the different techniques
It is a demanding game that requires playing with all your weapons and characteristics.
He is also a great trainer, I have developed techniques which I apply to all the other scenarios

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Will give it another go though.....I

ah ha an other bitten by the virus😉
you have to play it in 4.00 or 3.12 if you still have it
I will not give you advice and let you, discover the different techniques
It is a demanding game that requires playing with all your weapons and characteristics.
He is also a great trainer, I have developed techniques which I apply to all the other scenarios

I was very irritated by the Platoon HQ, he was my first casualty and the whole unit went down.....If I'd blundered into enemy fire, fair enough, but this was just annoying. 

As soon as the shot whizzed past he was off through the nearest gap in the bocage like a ferret up a drainpipe.  He wasn't actually even in a Bocage tile at the time of the shot either, he was adjacent to one.  IIRC it was the guy with the poorest leadership value, which I suspect may have contributed to the issue.