Wanted - Someone to Make Custom Plans for QB Maps

• 1 month later...

yeah if you are doing something where you don’t want to know the details of for some reason (competitive game) that makes sense, but if you are just looking for something you want someone to do for you that might be a bit tricky. You might have to offer some payment in kind. 

I did this for mistermark, and it was simple. We talked about the battle he was looking to fight, I took his parameters and the map he wanted to use and then crafted an enemy force and AI plan. The whole process took me a couple of hours to do, including a quick play through to make sure the AI plan worked as intended.

The bonus part for me anyways, is now I have a quick scenario to play in year or so, once I have forgotten all about the details of this battle. It seems the older I get, the quicker I forget things, so maybe it will only be a few months from now!

@Heirloom_Tomato - I am interested in seeing what you did.  I'm looking for a straightforward scenario to deconstruct in order to learn and understand AI scripting.  I don't know why AI plans intimidate me but they do.  Examining your efforts might help me get jump-started.  If so inclined, PM me to work out a way for me to access it.  Thank you.

Edited by Badger73

1 hour ago, Badger73 said:

@Heirloom_Tomato - I am interested in seeing what you did.  I'm looking for a straightforward scenario to deconstruct in order to learn and understand AI scripting.  I don't know why AI plans intimidate me but they do.  Examining your efforts might help me get jump-started.  If so inclined, PM me to work out a way for me to access it.  Thank you.

I will happily send you the file. If anyone else is interested let me know. 

It is a scenario with AI plans for one side, no briefing, no briefing maps, no extra goodies. In its current state it is only playable for someone looking for a quick battle experience with all the fun of not picking your own forces or having a clue what you are up against. 

When I compare what this file is to the scenarios uploaded to TSD3, most people would consider this to be 75% complete. I have no plans to upload this as a completed scenario.