Minefield rescue

Well, if you have an engineer, they can Mark Mines. Once in the minefield, (which is where they end up after doing that command), have them SLOW back out the same way they came. Unless you want them to provide buddy aid and possibly get the weapons. Otherwise, have the desired unit Slow into the action spot...following the same path that the engineers took. (I'm not sure that matters. But I'm not sure it doesn't.)

If no engineers, then toss a demo charge in there. You may lose the weapons, though. 

If nothing else, find some volunteers. ;)

2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Another less elegant solution:

If it's an AP mine field, run some tracked vehicles through square. Each will take track damage but also detonate some of the mines. If you detonate enough mines, the signpost will change to green, showing it's now safe to enter.

Going to be pretty intense on the nerves when there is no way to know if there are AT mines around as well.

Edited by The_MonkeyKing

50 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Yes.  A mixed minefield will make things exciting.  :D  I think @c3k is influencing @Bulletpoint.  :lol:  

Well, perhaps. I do believe his system may be better, especially in a mixed minefield and using a truck filled with 2 or 3 squads. The little survivors can scramble around setting off any extra mines. ;)

44 minutes ago, c3k said:

Well, perhaps. I do believe his system may be better, especially in a mixed minefield and using a truck filled with 2 or 3 squads. The little survivors can scramble around setting off any extra mines. ;)

Are you sure you did not command a penal battalion in a previous Life ?

Good old Stalin would have loved this kind entusiasm i'm sure ;)

18 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Another less elegant solution:

If it's an AP mine field, run some tracked vehicles through square. Each will take track damage but also detonate some of the mines. If you detonate enough mines, the signpost will change to green, showing it's now safe to enter.

I will keep that in mind. :o

19 hours ago, c3k said:

Well, if you have an engineer, they can Mark Mines. Once in the minefield, (which is where they end up after doing that command), have them SLOW back out the same way they came. Unless you want them to provide buddy aid and possibly get the weapons. Otherwise, have the desired unit Slow into the action spot...following the same path that the engineers took. (I'm not sure that matters. But I'm not sure it doesn't.)

If no engineers, then toss a demo charge in there. You may lose the weapons, though. 

If nothing else, find some volunteers. ;)

Ok, thanks for the detailed reply

13 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

Are you sure you did not command a penal battalion in a previous Life ?

Good old Stalin would have loved this kind entusiasm i'm sure ;)

Penal battalions, a new feature in proposed Red Thunder module (for the Soviets and the Nazi's) :mellow: