Need an Advice

Gentlemen I would like to hear your advice, I have 4 games upgrade pack, I got CMBS, and CM Afghanistan. I would like to buy some nice WW2 game and I dont know what to pick. I'm looking for some FAT content, I mean very reach game with all the new features of this new engine and with tons of fun in it. Does anyone know what game of this wonderful series covers all seasons, got solid fortifications, tons of things to mod on and got equally powerful (balanced) nations fighting each other? I know there are real veterans among you and I would highly appreciate your advice - what game should I buy to forget about my gf, my work and basically everything for a long long time? Thank you. 

WKLaJ71.jpg

On photo: Units of 2nd Ukrainian Front are fighting close to Budapest. 

Fortress Italy, including Gustav Line covers the longest timescale (including Winter) and contains some interesting nationalities (the Italians are a fascinating army, more typical of the early war), as well as some extremely varied terrain. 1943 formations are very different from '44. It lacks the SS though, but it's probably given the most varied gameplay and it's a close second as my favourite.

CMBN is still the classic - the Commonwealth forces and MG modules are extremely rich in equipment, units, maps and scenarios, although the AI plans are not as varied as later titles. The massive range of content makes this still my favourite.

I've had great fun with CMRT - the campaigns in particular. It felt samey at times, but there was a long phase where I only played Soviets in RT - they get more fun as you get used to them

CMFB is good and has some groovy late war content (Jumbos and Überpanzers), although it engaged me a little less than the others, mainly because it is similar to CMBN but lacks British troops.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:08 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

Also, keep in mind that there are mods and scenarios available for Stalingrad, and Winter 43/44/45 on cmmodiii/greenasjade.net

Yes, I HIGHLY recommend the Stalingrad mod...the team that built that did a fantastic job.  AND, dragonwynn made an awesome campaign (Rattenkrieg) to go with it.

On 12/13/2017 at 5:25 PM, Oleksandr said:

Gentlemen I would like to hear your advice, I have 4 games upgrade pack, I got CMBS, and CM Afghanistan. I would like to buy some nice WW2 game and I dont know what to pick. I'm looking for some FAT content, I mean very reach game with all the new features of this new engine and with tons of fun in it.

<snipped>

While CMBN and CMFI are my favorites, they do not allow tank riders.  CMFB is the only West Front game which supports that feature.  Just sayin' in case it matters to you.