CMFI 4.0 Upgrade is Available?

In case anyone is interested...  (According to BFC site)

CMFI v2.00 (Engine 4) Released!
CMFI News
Saturday, 15 April 2017

After a long slog we finally completed the CM Fortress Italy Engine 4 Upgrade.  What took so long?  It was a lot harder to get the older formatted CMFI TO&E moved over to Engine 4 than anticipated. We basically wound up rebuilding everything so that CMFI fans can enjoy all the improvements to the historical accuracy and options seen in other CM games.  We even added backpack flamethrowers into the mix while we were at it!

Not sure where to actually d/l it.  Anyone already done this?

Edited by Erwin

Yeah I got it a couple weeks ago. There did not seem to be a thread announcing it, but I was reading the "any news" thread and people were talking as though they had downloaded it. I had bought the "big bundle" many weeks ago and so followed the download link and there it was with all the other 4.0 files for the other CM titles.

Hey Erwin...Yeah, if you go under your Account where you purchased the v4 'Big Bundle Upgrade' you will notice all the Downloads available for all the Games...Just check the box for the CMFI Download (think it's around 1GB). 

Joe

I also noticed Germans having MG42's and U.S. with 2x B.A.R's added to the Infantry Squads...It's interesting, thou, I still don't see CW with mulit-Brens per squad...CMFI has truly become the Wild, Wild, West...

Edited by JoMc67

On May 4, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Erwin said:

If you do a full install or update do we still need to remove Z folder mods?  Sometimes I do and sometimes I forget.  But am unsure what is the issue about the Z folder mods(?)

Yes you do. For instance Vin's animated text can cause unit designations to show and read incorrectly.

On 5/4/2017 at 6:27 PM, Erwin said:

If you do a full install or update do we still need to remove Z folder mods?  Sometimes I do and sometimes I forget.  But am unsure what is the issue about the Z folder mods(?)

To be clear, this has no effect on the installation process, but is just to avoid players running straight to forum when they install an update and it conflicts with a mod.  I would rather say that if you have a problem after installing an update, the first thing you should do is remove all mods and see if problem goes away.