4.0 Upgrade Looks Fantastic --Thanks, BF!

Macisle

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friggin BABY!

There's a divide line somewhere (currently) around 40-45.  I was one of the first to get a computer back in the late 80's and was considered "bleeding edge" when I wuz your age, mate.  I know you laugh at that and don't believe me.  But you just wait till the next gen tech comes out and you start struggling to keep up.  Then you can make posts like that. :) 

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

But you just wait till the next gen tech comes out and you start struggling to keep up.  Then you can make posts like that.

The trouble with the current rate of technical progress is its tendency to render a lot of people instantly obsolete as their hard-earned knowledge goes into the garbage can. It may come to be considered a character flaw on my part, but I am reluctant to go back to school every year to learn a whole new way to do things and resent the necessity to do so. Especially in the not-infrequently encountered case where the new way of doing things is less efficient/useful/desirable than the old.

Michael

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Friggin BABY!

There's a divide line somewhere (currently) around 40-45.  I was one of the first to get a computer back in the late 80's and was considered "bleeding edge" when I wuz your age, mate.  I know you laugh at that and don't believe me.  But you just wait till the next gen tech comes out and you start struggling to keep up.  Then you can make posts like that. :)

Be Nice, Erwin,  before he starts his next post by saying, "Listen here, you Old Man" :-(

Edited by JoMc67

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

Friggin BABY!

Hee hee. Same here but differ reaction. I'm about to turn 50 but I have kept up well and am still a professional programer and up to date with tech. Self taught from the start so kept right on doing it. Done mobile device and web dev plus multiple new programing languages. Just cause we are older doesn't mean we cannot keep up.

And yeah those whankers not paying attention are a pain. But us old guys can own and learn a smartphone and have the discipline to pay attention to the world around us.

Back to the OP yeah it would be nice to know by name and not just date what is in our list. But since the store doesn't work that way I have a file with all my keys saved away.

What bugs me is the new tech coming out that requires me to learn a new complex OS just to do exactly what I was happily doing before. 

I love Win 7, does everything I need, but forced to learn Win 10 merely cos it's on all the new machines.  Am neglecting my new state of the art $3,500 Win 10 gaming laptop which I paid IT to make look like Win 7 interface - and am using a couple of upgraded 6 year old machines with Win 7.  :blink:

Back to the OP - yes, ok, job done...