Armata soon to be in service.

Lee_Vincent

There's enough to get the kruganets in a CMBS expansion sooner or later.

It's not enough even to make an accurate 3d model yet. I'm thinking that Boomerang-BM/early Epoch turret would look a bit different on actual vehicles, than it was shown to us earlier. Given how BMP-2M/3/3M turrets look, and knowing that 2M's Berezhok turret is a predecessor, I'd say that they'll make some sort of ballistic protection for optics and other vulnerable spots as well.

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad

Most likely this is some sort of BMP3 ERA package derivative.

No reason to assume that, especially as ERA on sides only makes little sense.  These are ballistic armor modules on side of BMP-3, with additional volume to maintain flotation.  Larger size of Kurganets would require larger volume to maintain flotation.

BMP-3M_side_ballistic_armor_add-on.jpg

I had initially assumed these were just planned for export:

Self-propelled anti-tank systems "Kornet-E" will take part in a military parade on May 9 in Moscow

1969857_original.jpg

As the factory newspaper of "Arzamas Engineering Works" (part of "Military-Industrial Company" group of "Russian Machines") "Arzamas Machine Builder" in its issue of March 20, 2015 in the article "A critical challenge", this company has shipped the address of JSC "Instrument Design Bureau" (KBP Tula),
five armored cars "Tiger-M" for the subsequent installation of the anti-tank (multifunction) guided missile complex "Kornet-E".
Converted into a self-propelled anti-tank systems "Cornet-D" machines will take part in the Victory Parade on May 9, 2015 in Moscow. As it can be appreciated, the five made combat vehicles SPTRK "Kornet-E" are the first for the Russian Defense Ministry, and after the parade, these five cars will be given for the test program.

ATGM "Kornet-E" KBP design was first shown in 2011 and is a deep modernization of the "Cornet", using the upgraded missiles with increased range shooting - 9M133M-2 (tandem shaped-charge warhead, and range up to 8000 m) and 3-9M133FM (thermobaric warhead, and range up to 10,000 m).

In an embodiment, the placement on the armored car "Tiger-M" complex "Kornet-E" is equipped with two retractable quadruply launchers. Opportunity to engage aerial targets makes it possible to declare complex as "multifunctional" (as you can tell, this feature is designed primarily to attack helicopters and UAVs).

The export version of the complex "Kornet-E" is "Kornet-EM", which is the first customer in 2014 became Bahrain.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1238564.html

It was only a matter of time before they'd order Kornet on a light wheeled base. Extendable mast, remote control, 4 salvo shots without reloading - that's a very good stuff. RWS MG version is also just a matter of time, I believe. It's out there already, just needs to be ordered.

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad

Just looking for clarification is the Kurganets-25 the IFV version of the Armata program?  Or is it something else all together?

There are 3 independent programs:

- Armata (tank, heavy IFV, ect)

- Kurganets 25 (medium tracked IFV, ect)

- Bumerang (medium wheeled IFV, ect)

OMG, I did not except that kind of question from you Ian. :P There are 3 new gen chassis

Sigh, sorry man. :) now that I read that I remember you describing that a while ago. Should have googled first and asked questions later.

I just have not been following this post for post because there is so much speculation and not enough known yet. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Thanks for setting me back on the right path. :)