Will there be the traditional BFC Christmas 'bone' this year?

Sim1943

Yeah, time is running out! :D

Last year it was on the 20th, so hopefully its still going to happen. Would love to have an idea, even with just words and no pics/videos, of what the lineup for next year is.

My best guess:

1. CM:BS

2. Red Thunder Expansion

3. Italy Expansion

4. CM: Bulge

With BS coming out early/mid next month, I think that's a pretty realistic list. Would love to see 4.0 for Bulge and whats new with that.

Nobody noticed the big announcement about CMBN at the top? They're prepping the game so you can play anyone you want regardless of module installed. A basegame player will find himself facing King Tigers and SS though they aren't included in his purchase. That's quite the Christmas bone!

Nobody noticed the big announcement about CMBN at the top? They're prepping the game so you can play anyone you want regardless of module installed. A basegame player will find himself facing King Tigers and SS though they aren't included in his purchase. That's quite the Christmas bone!

Theres all sorts of great news being shelled out by BFC: the master installers, CM:BS soon coming. But the Christmas 'Bone' has typically been about whats next - new features, new games, plans for the next year and so on. So it has information we didn't already know about - something for us to say 'Whoa cool!' over. We have all known about CM:BS and its features since November. The master installers, while greatly appreciated, were guessed at for sometime now - since the master install for the Mac CMBN.

If theres not an official one this year, that's fine, we can wait for CM:BS. But I would be sad to not have an official 'Bone' to drool over.

MikeyD,

I most definitely noticed the "only one person has to have the module" feature. Great for us, but on the face of it, doesn't seem all that great from a business standpoint. Contrariwise, people will soon discover not everyone has all the toys, which should spur sales to gain such a desirable situation. I like the idea of master installers very much, though I must admit that aside from the License Key problem from CW (used the old system, and despite having the License Key, I couldn't activate it), which was resolved by the HelpDesk with alacrity, I had no problems putting in the 3.0 upgrade and the latest patch in CMBN. For those farther behind on the installation power curve, it would be a huge benefit. Always keeping the base game up to snuff is simply wonderful, since it saves work and makes it easier to get into the game. No more doing things one way in the first version, another way in the second, and yet another in the third. Can get quite confusing, what with gaming habits learned in one either not working the same or at all as in the preceding game version. For instance, I found going from 1.11 to 2.2 took quite a bit of unlearning.

Regards,

John Kettler