PBEM don't save new file after giving orders and pressing red button

This is a critical bug and needs to be adressed and solved urgently

I'm starting to fed up while replaying my moves again and again the big games

I'm sure that I 'm facing this problem in PBEM games with 1/4 ratio

I'm waiting an urgent help or patch for this

happens to me as well sometimes, especially on very big scenarios.

here are some things that helped me to get the problem only very seldom:

1. keep the save game folder as clean as it gets

2. use gamebooster before starting the game. (http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html) it stops all unnessecary background programs (you can edit which one should be stopped).

hope it helps for you as well... at least until some fix arrives.

cheers siffo

I feel your pain togi, I too had this extremely annoying problem. But ever since upgrading my OS from Vista 32-bit to Win7 64-bit this problem has gone away. My memory is 4G, but on my Vista 32-bit only 3G was used and now on W7 64-bit all 4Gs are used.

I have not had a single save not work and this upgrade is about 3 months old now with at least a couple hundred save attempts.

P.S. Gonna double post this in that tech thread for better visibility. Since I never got around to posting about my "Save Bug" success story.

I feel your pain togi, I too had this extremely annoying problem. But ever since upgrading my OS from Vista 32-bit to Win7 64-bit this problem has gone away. My memory is 4G, but on my Vista 32-bit only 3G was used and now on W7 64-bit all 4Gs are used.

I have not had a single save not work and this upgrade is about 3 months old now with at least a couple hundred save attempts.

P.S. Gonna double post this in that tech thread for better visibility. Since I never got around to posting about my "Save Bug" success story.

I have about the same PC as you and this still happens to me about 25% of the time, not to mention the complete game crash about 10% of the time...

Don't forget we just found out that since CM is old technology your computer can have all the GB RAM in the world, but CM2 can still only utilize about 3GB.

To be fair, 64-bit support is not even close to being the norm yet.

The game does seem to be bottlenecked somewhere though. I have an i7 CPU and an HD 5770 (two actually, but I don't think crossfire is supported) and I still get the low poly soldier models and terrain if I zoom out very far on all but the smallest scenarios.