Mod rankings

That's a good idea.

I d/l everything I can find, but often it gets hard (and very time consuming) to distinguish between different mods of the same unit. There are times I spend more time figuring out mods than actually playing. :(

It's great when you have a single designer like Aris who is making mods that are better than anyone else, but that it not always the case - especially sound mods as you can't quickly compare a bunch like you can with images.

That's a shame GAJ as you are providing a very useful service on your own dime(!)

However, I find your site primarily useful for CM1 mods etc which BF doesn't much support any longer. Not sure there is any reason to try and compete with BF Repository for CM2 games.

It's a lot easier to upload and download on GaJ's site, though.

And, IMHO, a lot easier to browse and find stuff.

It's of course a matter of preference, but I find that I need sunglasses for the BFC site with all those different things flashing at me for my attention, I just get too frustrated trying to find what I want on there.

I don't see it as a "competition" though. I see it as "have as much and varied support as possible". If I were a designer, I'd post my mods at both places, so that no one place can take me out if it goes away, and so I reach the kinds of people who like each place.

But I sympathize with people who don't post at CMMODS at the moment, since there's no advertising here about it.

GaJ