One man ASSAULT

In a current scenario I have a team with only one man left in it and I have been able to issue an ASSAULT order to him. It's hard to say what is intended or not in CMBN, so if anyone wants the file I have saved it. Otherwise, no biggy.

Could it be the lone assaulter was a remnant of a previously executed assault command with the remaining squad members beeing wiped out during the process? So that squad could never automatically recombine to conclude the assault move and thus the assault possibility remained active. Who knows...

Squads do not consolidate teams following losses, so you could have a squad with 3 one-man teams. Assault is simply a movement command that bounds the available teams. It does not analyse the composition of teams or the context of the order.

Or do you mean you have a squad that has been reduced to a single man but still has the assault command available?

Yes, I know that a three or two man squad can be issued an assault order IF the single men would have been part of the separate teams that make/made up the squad. (I have a couple of those types of squads running around as well.)

In my example here, I have one solitary survivor of a single team (am not sure if there are any other surviving members of his squad anyplace else on the map) who I was able to issue an ASSAULT order to.