PBEM setup zone bug?

As the defender I find myself setting up at the edge of the map. My objective is in the middle of the map. I feel silly putting foxholes miles away from the village I should be defending.

I'm using the latest Mac version of CMBN. My opponent is using a PC.

I created the QB game. Both the preview and the setup showed my setup zone at the edge of the map. Has this map got it's defence vs attack mixed up or is it every map?

QB050.btt

I find the same problem when I make scenarios using the editor. Even after I draw setup zones and deploy troops in them, the launched game sometimes defaults to placing some troops at the edges of the map, outside the setup zones. Usually if I reopen the scenario and redeploy the troops to their zones, then save the scenario, everything works fine.

...and here's the map.

Notice that my defence sets up at map edge.

using 1.0.1B patch.

QB-50 Map is designed as an Axis attk Map. The Red attacker is on the West. All Map setup data conforms to this. So the map is correct and plays properly. That it does not for you and your PBEM Partner is most likely due to one or the others rig. At this time I suspect a small number of PC player are having trouble due to their PC configuration. If the game was started by the PC player then that's where you want to look. BFC is aware of this "side flipping" problem but testers have NOT been able to reproduce it as a bug. There obviously is something going on but it happens only to some machines, sometimes.

Yep, the map seems to be the same that is used in Le Desert scenario. That is a German attack map. In the briefing view you sent it states that the map selection is Human. So as above is said, probably the setup zones are set the same as are in Le Desert. if you open the map in editor can you change the setup area?

if you open the map in editor can you change the setup area?

That is not problem. All QB Maps adjust sides per the Players battle setup orders. Either side can attack or defend and the setup zones will change color to reflect that. In this PBEM game that did not occur. If it were a simple Map error I'd just say "opps, sorry" and fix it. If it were a general bug BFC would do the same (and did). But the problem is neither the map or bug. It is occasional and appears specific to a very few PC's configs. Also there are several reports having the "Flip side" problem in one setup but not when creating a new setup with the same map/units.

QB-50 Map is designed as an Axis attk Map. The Red attacker is on the West. All Map setup data conforms to this. So the map is correct and plays properly. That it does not for you and your PBEM Partner is most likely due to one or the others rig. At this time I suspect a small number of PC player are having trouble due to their PC configuration. If the game was started by the PC player then that's where you want to look. BFC is aware of this "side flipping" problem but testers have NOT been able to reproduce it as a bug. There obviously is something going on but it happens only to some machines, sometimes.

Thanks for your response.

Okay I get that it is designed as an Axis attk map, and I think I might be being dumb but.... how do I know when I choose a QB PBEM map if it has been purely designed for Axis Attacker? I thought that either the US or the Axis would be placed in the setup zone corresponding to the chosen QB parameters? If not, I'll be more careful with map selection in future.