Bunker Question

If one buys a bunker with a heavy machine gun in it, what is one buying?

That is, if one buys said bunker, then puts a heavy machine gun squad in it, how many machine guns fire during play?

Furthermore, if one deploys a heavy machine gun bunker with an ATG ammo team in it, does the ammo team man the machine gun that comes with the bunker?

If one deploys the ATG right next to the bunker, will the ammo team man the machine gun in the bunker AND carry out their ammo team duties?

Sorry, I don't understand this question :-S

That is, if one buys said bunker, then puts a heavy machine gun squad in it, how many machine guns fire during play?

I don't know. You can make a test yourself with the editor...It's really easy to do test with it

Furthermore, if one deploys a heavy machine gun bunker with an ATG ammo team in it, does the ammo team man the machine gun that comes with the bunker?

I think, yes

If one deploys the ATG right next to the bunker, will the ammo team man the machine gun in the bunker AND carry out their ammo team duties?

I did a test with a unit into a bunker and that unit don't give ammo (or share) to units that are outside the bunker.

Maybe another player with more experience could help... (70 reads and no reponses.. !ay caramba!)Anyway play with the editor. It's very simple and...Share your results here! ;-)

Sorry, I don't understand this question :-S

I mean that obviously, you buy the bunker. But does an additional machine gun come with it if you spend the extra point for an "MG Bunker"?

I don't know. You can make a test yourself with the editor...It's really easy to do test with it

The editor? Do you mean the scenario editor? How would you play in the editor? Could you describe such a test, please?

Open the editor.

Put Bunkers of both types on map. Put troops of various types in bunkers.

Save as something like "PillboxTest1".

Start from "Battle" button at start screen.

Select 1 Player Turn-Based(or RT) on top option menu.

Select "Scenario Author Test Mode" from bottom option menu.

Test.

For future reference .... we have a a whole seperate place for map and scenario design and questions of this nature.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=126

:D

Welcome!

To the best of my knowledge (Which is Limitless like the movie i watched today) the MG bunker still needs to be manned but it doesnt matter what type you put in it and a MG unit will not add additional MG's.

As for using the search function, it's not always easy to find such answers. I dont remember this ever being asked before to be honest.

a bunker with a heavy machine gun in it... (no crew though)

One, everyone just seems to crew the MG in a MG bunker.

If you want something deadlier, buy a non MG bunker, then buy 3 to 4 light MG34/MG42 teams and stick them in it. Most of the MGs will end up in the first firing row of the bunker (sometimes assistant gunners end up at the front) and you can exit and take all the MGs with you.

Yes

I'm pretty sure they dont... kind of hard to pass ammo through a wall, if you want them to give ammo, I think they have to exit the bunker and go to the gun. Give that one a quick test.

I'm pretty sure they dont... kind of hard to pass ammo through a wall, if you want them to give ammo, I think they have to exit the bunker and go to the gun. Give that one a quick test.

I've had MG ammo bearers inside a house passing ammo to an MG team outside the house, the other side of an apparently blank gable wall. It's kindof an abstracted mechanic anyway, so it's hardly much of a surprise.

add-on question! what happened to the big gun bunkers of the original CM generation? IIRC ther was multiple 75mm and 88mm bunkers... does anyone know if these are these planned?

I suspect BFC has put a low priority on creating these types of large bunkers, since really the only ones relevant to combat in the American sector in Normandy would be the ones on the bluffs directly overlooking Omaha beach (no gun bunkers engaged the troops landing at Utah with direct fire), and BFC made the deliberate choice to not put much effort into creating the special units, terrain types, etc. that would be required to accurately represent the first few hours of combat on the D-Day beaches (e.g., the landings themselves).

I suppose there might have been a few heavy bunkers involved in the battle for Cherbourg, or even possibly around other fortified cities along the Brittany coast; I don't know offhand. However, many of the coastal fortified gun positions designed for firing upon naval and/or air targets, and so weren't oriented properly to defend against approaching ground forces. IIRC, there were some heavy concrete bunkers involved in the Canadian 1st Army's campaign to clear the banks of the Scheldt and Walcheren Island, though again I think a lot of them actually pointed seaward. But this campaign might fall into the sphere of the Market Garden module, depending on how broadly they cast this net.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see them added to CMx2 eventually. Though whether we'll get them in a module of CMBN, or have to wait for a future family (CM:Bulge to represent the combats breaching of the Siegfried line er sumfink), I have no idea.

I suspect BFC has put a low priority on creating these types of large bunkers, since really the only ones relevant to combat in the American sector in Normandy would be the ones on the bluffs directly overlooking Omaha beach (no gun bunkers engaged the troops landing at Utah with direct fire), and BFC made the deliberate choice to not put much effort into creating the special units, terrain types, etc. that would be required to accurately represent the first few hours of combat on the D-Day beaches (e.g., the landings themselves).

I suppose there might have been a few heavy bunkers involved in the battle for Cherbourg, or even possibly around other fortified cities along the Brittany coast; I don't know offhand. However, many of the coastal fortified gun positions designed for firing upon naval and/or air targets, and so weren't oriented properly to defend against approaching ground forces. IIRC, there were some heavy concrete bunkers involved in the Canadian 1st Army's campaign to clear the banks of the Scheldt and Walcheren Island, though again I think a lot of them actually pointed seaward. But this campaign might fall into the sphere of the Market Garden module, depending on how broadly they cast this net.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see them added to CMx2 eventually. Though whether we'll get them in a module of CMBN, or have to wait for a future family (CM:Bulge to represent the combats breaching of the Siegfried line er sumfink), I have no idea.

The US Third Army faced quite a few in the fighting around Nancy as part of the maginot line fortifications. That would fall into the same timeline assuming the M-G module isn't specifically about M-G, but the fall of 1944 in general. That would also then include the Huertgen bunkers.