Panzershrecks give away there position to fast

Re "For those of us who play Elite/Iron level of difficulty, artillery call times can be quite long -- 3 minutes even for TRP'd artillery, and it goes up from there."

From the manual, I thought that Warrior on up in difficulty is exactly the same re arty call times and pretty much everything else. I had the impression that the only difference is that one has less info about units in Elite and then of course Iron where one has to be in C2 in order to see your own units.

From the manual:

WARRIOR

Warrior is similar to the Veteran setting but introduces more realistic time

delays for a number of tasks and events. Hardcore players will favor this

setting. The following special rules apply:

- Enemies appear as generic “Enemy contacts” until they are

positively identified by your forces on the battlefield

- Treating wounded soldiers takes a realistic amount of time

- Artillery and air support take a realistic amount of time to arrive

ELITE

Elite is identical to Warrior with only one difference:

- Enemy infantry icons are always the plain “soldier” type, regardless

of their armament or function

IRON

Iron is an optional setting that goes even one step further than Elite, and introduces

special restrictions on what the player can do and when. While even

more realistic than the other settings, this option introduces a number of

interface limitations which might put off the casual player, so it is strictly an

optional choice.

- Friendly units need to be spotted just like enemy units. If you have

a friendly unit not in line of sight or in contact with another friendly

unit, then the only way to find this unit is by either re-establishing

contact with another friendly unit or by clicking through the chain

Nope. I checked it again this morning and it behaves exactly as I described it. Merely selecting Target makes the CA go away. At least it does for the full circle arc and for personnel type units. I haven't checked it for all types; I may do that later. I also haven't checked it against Target Light.

Michael

Well, there's a puzzle. I just got round to checking it myself, and, for me, it works as I remembered (I can footle around with a targeting line without disrupting the 360 TA previously assigned to the team)... Which is nice: neither of us is losing any more marbles than had already gone over the wire... :)

I'm on a PC playing WeGo at Warrior FoW setting against an AI opponent, patched to 1.01 (I think there's only one patch version for PCs).

I just tried it myself and I believe that you guys are thinking of the word "select" differently.

I can set an circular target arc (or radial - that part does not matter) on a unit and then click on the target or target light command (again does not matter) once I do that I get the nice blue line that I can play with and at this point the target arc is intact. If I left click on some actual target (area or another unit) then the target arc is cleared and the unit is just targeting that area or unit. If I right click when I am done exploring LOS and distance the target or target light command is discarded and the target arc stays as it was.

So, if by "select" you mean click on the command chiclet then selecting target does not clear the original target arc; but if by "select" you mean select another target then the original target arc is cleared.

Yes I am looking for a "Ian is correct" quote to add to my sig line:)

I just tried it myself and I believe that you guys are thinking of the word "select" differently.

Nope. I'm thinking of the word select in exactly the same way you are. I can fiddle with a target order right up to the point of applying it without messing up my existing TA.

IIRC, Emrys is on a Mac. Could be something for 1.01c

Not only on a Mac, but I went back to the unpatched version. After I patch up (I've been waiting to hear from other users that no new problems have arisen), I will check this again. I agree that losing the Target Arc should not happen, but selecting Target and and then deselecting it by right clicking does seem to make the TA go away.

Michael