Glad to be back

I first played cmx1 CMBO back in 2000 and it's follow up CMBB. I did not care as much for CMAK,TOW or CM shock force.

I just found out about CMBN back in January and when I learned each soldier was individualy rendered and all of the strides the game made from cmx1 IE, sounds, grahpics, real time option. I started to drool.

Now I have completed all of the single missions that came with the game at the elite level. I played some battles as American and some German and did well but had to utilize some very creative tactics to do so "MAJOR FUN" In one battle I utilized the Shermans top speed. I gave him a fast order to rush up behind a panther who was preoccupied with a number of other Shermans to his front. Even though the Sherman was at fast speed it was still able to rotate it's turrent and fire into the Panthers side at very close range [Panther was also beside a building so did not see me coming up behind him] panther crew bailed out. That changed the complextion of the whole battle in my favor.

I play it on a 40" TV monitor with all eye candy maxed. It really does make you feel like a Company or Battalion commander.

So thank you to Battlefront and everyone who helped make CMBN a reality. I hope it is a Goldmine for your company and I will buy all of your upcoming releases in this series.

Agreed. I enjoy both my 24" lcd monitor and my 60" led-lcd tv. The latter is slightly harder on the eyes but really does bring the battle to life. If a pixeltruppen retreats off my TV to my couch, I'll be sure to get him a forum account and introduce him.

I think, were he one of mine, I'd be too busy trying to pry his fingers from my neck.

Thanks Steve, I think I am ready to start my first Campaign. maybe "Courage and Fortitude"...

I have learned so much from this forum and it's AAR's.....because "there is nobody smarter than all of us"

Another reason I like this game so well is because as a kid in the 1960's we always played WW2 army and watched the TV shows like "Combat" and" Rat Patrol" where the gore of real war was not shown like it is in say "Band of Brothers". I would never want to fight in a real war.

I just like Strategy and Tactics and as I told one friend, that I view this game like a very elaborate and complex chess match.

The fact that outsiders are calling this game extremely complicatied should serve as a compliment to all who have mastered it. The more you study it's nuances and play it the better you will get. It makes you think and it makes you smarter.