Blast Command vs Bunkers... it actually works ?!?

I was fiddling about trying to get my engineers to chuck a satchel charge onto a concrete bunker and i tried "blast" just for kicks.

And it actually blasted the bunker!

Blast command behind bunker = ka-blamo, didn't know you could do that... maybe I missed something and it changed since CMSF. Does it work on anything else?

th_CMNormandy2011-06-2922-02-10-77.jpg

th_CMNormandy2011-06-2922-03-02-39.jpg

I've "blasted" tanks before.

IIRC, I had some issues with bunkers being KO'd but the occupants being impervious to everything my infantry squad could throw at them...You'd think that a demo charge or two would mess up the occupants pretty good, or at least make them think about surrendering.

My father told me he had a "secret weapon" against pillboxes and bunkers...a captured flare pistol. Apparently launching a flare into an aperture at close range always caused the occupants to give up, when small arms fire or even grenades wouldn't.

Try to imagine steeling yourself against the inevitable end, and all of a sudden this crazy ball of fire is bouncing around your ears. Apparently, it was unnerving and violent enough for the occupants to decide that honor was satisfied and it was time to call it quits. The fear of being burned out by flamethrowers was never out of mind, either, so that might of had something to do with it.

He said that the surviving German prisoners were always very incredulous but somewhat relieved when shown the flare pistol.

I tested the blast command a while back and, IIRC, found that you can blow both types of fences, free standing walls, hedges, buildings, bunkers, veichles, outhouses, haystacks and (bus) shelters.

Did you run any test against bridges, the old games you could take out bridges, the type of bridge had a big factor to it also.

So a wooden foot bridge would be a good start if no one has tried it.

You can't use the blast command on a bridge. However, a bridge can be destroyed with area fire hand grenades; you just need to chuck enough of them at it. For a wooden foot bridge it only takes three or four solid hits to bring it down. Ironically, demo charges are not used by troops when area firing, so it's impossible to blow a bridge with the tool that would seem the most appropriate for the task.

You can't use the blast command on a bridge. However, a bridge can be destroyed with area fire hand grenades; you just need to chuck enough of them at it. For a wooden foot bridge it only takes three or four solid hits to bring it down. Ironically, demo charges are not used by troops when area firing, so it's impossible to blow a bridge with the tool that would seem the most appropriate for the task.

Sad to say, with all the improvements in the game, there sure is some losses also as to what the CMx1 system could do and this cannot. Some trades have been made. I sure will miss not being able to demo a bridge.