RezExplode program

pcelt

Pcelt, it's in the game files Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\Mod Tools folder. You put a .brz file inside the input folder, then click on the "RezExplode.exe" file and wait a bit, then check the "exploded" file, and you'll have the .bmps etc., that were in the .brz file.

Good luck!

Mijkerner---- Many thanks and my apologies--I now see you did explain all this very well at the end of your readme but in typical careless fashion as soon as I first read about RezExplode I pressed my personal panic button and wrote the email.

Thanks again for your help and also your excellent mods

Not sure, If I understand the read me file correctly. It says that there are brz files for each type of vehicle, terrain or unit, but all what I see in the data folder is one Normandy V100A.brz and one Normandy v100B.brz file, which one should I put in the input folder in order to access e.g. editor interface bmp's?

Can do both at once. The output will be in two separate folders inside "exploded".

One thing to be very sure to do is rename "exploded" folder to something, anything else straight away. Because the next time you run rezexplode it just wipes the contents of "exploded" and puts the new stuff there instead. (If it doesn't exist the program makes it automatically.)

I found the whole rezexplode of .brz files process annoying and confusing until I learned to put the exploded .bmp files into a regular folder on my desktop and name the new folder appropriately.

Then you can use that new folder which is full of nice, easy to look at .bmp files in your Z folder instead of the original .brz file.

It is then easy to mix and match .bmp files between mod folders like in the good old CM1 days.

I have used this method to give my troops more interesting uniforms and helmet variety, as you can immediately see what you are doing. Why bother zipping everything up into another opaque .brz file??