Demo Charges

Can the he packs that the scout teams carry be used for anything other than blasting threw hedgerow or buildings?Can it be used to attack by throwing it at a tank to disable or destroy?

I haven't seen it happen, but there was a thread saying teams were too slow to use them in 'Close Assault' of armour, but I'm pretty sure it was the case that they used them eventually, when there were no grenades, rifle grenades, stale buns or harsh language left.

You can give Blast orders on vehicles, but obviously, approaching a Tiger from its front it's not gonna work well. This nice slideshow by Vencini from puntadelanza.net forums shows how to do it:

http://www.puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=248041#p248041

(text is in Spanish, but Google Translate should work reasonably well).

There was also discussion on whether infantry used demo charges and/or grenades and rifle grenades on vehicles while the infantry is inside a building. Vencini summarizes very nicely what infantry seem to be able to do or not to do to a vehicle while inside or outside a building:

http://www.puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=248619#p248619

I can affirm that soldiers DO in fact use their demo charges on tanks... but they have to be more or less in contact with them (ie. in the same "square" as they are) witch:

A] means they have to expose themselves immensly

B] means they usually die when the crew bails (since they seem to be inept at targeting the right person, ie the one that jumps out on THEIR side of the tank)

C] tank hunter teams (and all other infantry with demo charges) are useless when they are in buildings since the tank will never be in the same square as them.

also, using the "blast" command doesnt really work the same as when they throw their demo charges at the tanks.

ive had no success using the blast command to take out tanks so far.

I have, however, blown out entire building sides when trying to use the blast command from inside a building onto a tank, causing the unit to run out and use their panzerfausts :P (and subsequently dying because of other tanks in the vicinity seeing them)

what i would like to have is a bit more range on not only demo charges, but grenades as well..

trowing grenades at only distances of about 5 meters is suicide...

id like to see automatic use of grenades and demo charges against tanks at distances of up to 15 meters.

"demo charges against tanks at distances of up to 15 meters"

Throwing a demo charge 15 metres? That is nearly 50 feet. I don't think there were many men around who could manage that, if any. Are you asking for a form of abstraction whereby infantry can go from one action spot into another and back again without anyone being able to fire on them?