Fire proof buildings?

I'd absolutely love to have the ability to place burning buildings and other terrain features in the scenario editor at the very least. I also think the lack of burning terrain makes the missions look too pretty. I don't need to have that fire spread or to start during the mission just yet although the lack of it is gradually growing in importance.

I'd absolutely love to have the ability to place burning buildings and other terrain features in the scenario editor at the very least. I also think the lack of burning terrain makes the missions look too pretty. I don't need to have that fire spread or to start during the mission just yet although the lack of it is gradually growing in importance.

+1

No need for BFC to go excessive with it. If game performance is of concern, there could be always the added "option" to degrade the visuals, just like in CMX1. :)

With regard to "balance", no FT unit can rule a battlefield alone. Crocodiles are not invincible and small FT teams can die more quickly than any other infantry type unit in frontline combat.

This is another one of those topics that comes up constantly. Ambient fire effects aside (I'd like to see some), pretty much any kind of game functionality that allows for arson will be abused. Deliberate fire setting as a historical battle tactic is rare mainly because its effects and timing are highly uncertain even in favourable weather; it takes patience and some freedom of movement to do right and units under fire typically have neither. Burning out diehards implies the game is pretty much already done while any "scorched earth" tactics would be implemented by the defender prior to the battle -- clearing fields of fire being far more useful tactically than having flaming (and smoky) obstacles obscuring LOS.

Of course I have come here. You knew I would. Equally as predictable, I must agitate for FLARES which can ignite conflagrations! Enemy near a haystack? Flare! Strongpoint in a house? Use that flaregun and aim for the curtains!

;)

A burning battlefield is a happy battlefield.

Ken