No vehicles in QBs

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I absolutely cannot get any computer selected vehicles at all on quick battles. I've tried all battle sizes, even set it to armor only, still only gives me infantry. Is this a bug, maybe something to do with rarity?

BTW great job guys--other than that I'm very impressed with this game...got it day before yesterday & have been playing non-stop.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I absolutely cannot get any computer selected vehicles at all on quick battles. I've tried all battle sizes, even set it to armor only, still only gives me infantry. Is this a bug, maybe something to do with rarity?

Are we playing the same game? I once set up 10 consecutive Huge size QBs with AI picked German forces on the "Mixed" (HA!) setting, just to see what it picked. In 5 of them it choose all tanks.

BTW great job guys--other than that I'm very impressed with this game...got it day before yesterday & have been playing non-stop.

Although I cretainly haven't exhausted all possibilities I've only had AFV in "Mix" or "Arm Only." That is playing usually in "small" or "medium."

Usually in "small" or "medium" picking an armor formation in "Available" will be more points ( red) than are available. So then you need to go to "Suggestions" and keep clicking until you see something you want. You can get a plt (zug) of AFV's eventually - even Tigers. Then if still have points take some inf units as well.

When you click on the "+" sign in Activated Units you can see your HQ unit and all the smaller units attached that you picked individually.

Frankly I think this system is very odd but that's what it is and it works OK. Its based on the correct idea you need an overall HQ (I think).

Usually in "small" or "medium" picking an armor formation in "Available" will be more points ( red) than are available. So then you need to go to "Suggestions" and keep clicking until you see something you want.

[snip]

Frankly I think this system is very odd but that's what it is and it works OK. Its based on the correct idea you need an overall HQ (I think).

I think you think it's odd, because it sounds like you're using it oddly. If you can't afford a formation, just prune it back until it's a size you can afford. You don't have to use the "Suggestions" button for this, just hack companies off the bottom of the Battalion til you only have the company you want, then you can get rid of the Battalion command structure (bottom up again - you can't get rid of an HQ til there's only one subunit associated with it), then hack platoons off the company from the bottom again, until you only have 1 platoon and you can get rid of the Coy HQ. Voila, one platoon of [whatever]. It's in a separate command tree to any other formations. If you want 'integrated' armour, select the HQ you want to have command of the vehicles and cherry pick some individual vehicles.

Yep, I think you nailed it womble. This is what he was doing wrong. In the OP's defense, it is a rather unintuitive way to purchase units. It took me a while to figure it out also.

I think you think it's odd, because it sounds like you're using it oddly. If you can't afford a formation, just prune it back until it's a size you can afford. You don't have to use the "Suggestions" button for this, just hack companies off the bottom of the Battalion til you only have the company you want, then you can get rid of the Battalion command structure (bottom up again - you can't get rid of an HQ til there's only one subunit associated with it), then hack platoons off the company from the bottom again, until you only have 1 platoon and you can get rid of the Coy HQ. Voila, one platoon of [whatever]. It's in a separate command tree to any other formations. If you want 'integrated' armour, select the HQ you want to have command of the vehicles and cherry pick some individual vehicles.

Yep, I think you nailed it womble. This is what he was doing wrong. In the OP's defense, it is a rather unintuitive way to purchase units. It took me a while to figure it out also.

That is exactly right guys and until the other day I didn't realize you could click on the "+" sign to get a breakout of the Activated HQ or that you could delete from there.

The "+" option in Activated Troops isn't covered in the manual (pg 54) although its mentioned for Available Troops.

Also though cranking thru "suggestions" does work to get armor in "mix."

UNINTUITIVE this whole thing in "QB."

I love the new QB purchase system, but I will agree that on auto selection with mixed forces it doesn't do all that well. Most of the time, I will set the enemy and my units to human selection and just use the suggestion button for the enemy troops. For the Germans, first go seems to always be armor only but the second time around has a better selection. Generally on the settings I like, a company of infantry and a Panther plus a couple of Stugs.