Standard of Scenarios

I have been working my way through the scenarios provided with the game and I have been hugely impressed. All the ones I have played so far have been very, very good - not a dog amongst them.

I am given to understand that the scenarios were created as labours of love by members of the beta test team. Battlefront, and us ordinary players, are very fortunate that these talented people have given so freely of their time and skills. Imagine what it would have been like if the game had been released with crud scenarios.

Designing a scenario that is balanced enough to present a challenge when played against the AI is, I think, a hard thing to do, to say nothing of the creation of the maps with all their intricate webs of lines of sight. Then on top of that some of the designers have built in some suprises to catch the player who thought he had got it sussed (yes, Herr Blucher, I am thinking of you).

The game has lots of clever stuff under the hood and its design and coding has been top notch, but without good scenarios it would fail as a game.

So, gents, I think a vote of thanks to the builders of the scenarios is due.

Indeed, +Prestige Points to George, Jaws, Jon, Mark et al for their labour of love, as well as the Beta testers, young, old, new or veteran.

We're humbled and feel honoured to be part, and to be trusted with, Battlefront's flagship in some small way.

Yeah, it is a definite art form! Without the guys designing them for the release and all the faithful that design them once the game is out...we'd all be lost. From the beautiful maps to the dastardly AI machinations...great stuff.

Thanks to one and all.

Mord.

Agree totally. The added designing possibilities are both marvellous and very scary I would think.

I do have concerns that the maps are small and edgehugging may become the problem it was in CM*1. My feeling has always been that cleverly placed features can deter edgehugging and mines might be relied upon as they seem more vicious in CM*2.

Making maps substantially bigger than the apparent physical "flags" has always been a favourite with me as it does mean the attacking player has the opportunity either to pull a stunt or more likely misjudge his approach timing : )

Agree totally. The added designing possibilities are both marvellous and very scary I would think.

I do have concerns that the maps are small and edgehugging may become the problem it was in CM*1. My feeling has always been that cleverly placed features can deter edgehugging and mines might be relied upon as they seem more vicious in CM*2.

Making maps substantially bigger than the apparent physical "flags" has always been a favourite with me as it does mean the attacking player has the opportunity either to pull a stunt or more likely misjudge his approach timing : )

Or you could send your opponent a nice box of huggies afterwards. The humiliation factor alone is probably encouragement enough to change tactics,