I have a couple of issues with the editor

1. Water and bridges and ponds seem to be an issue. I am trying to put a jetty on a pond but it stays below the water line and whilst on subject of water I've tried to place a small pond (5 tiles big) on the map at a greater height than a river I created earlier. The height of the river is at level 18 and the pond around 30 all it shows on the 3D view as a dirty great hole in the ground. Also when you try to place dense forest it shows as low foliage in the 3d view. I am still having problems smoothing the terrain, I'm getting better at it, but I'm not sure if the editor is all that friendly. Finally I have had a ball creating a map tonight, I have spent hours on it :)

Bridges take the level of their ends - the lower one if they're at different levels. So make sure that the both ends of your bridge are properly elevated. Look at ready scenarios for a reference if not sure (a good idea in general).

All water and ford tiles on map have to be at the same elevation. If they're not, they will take the elevation of the lowest tile.

Question....

I just spent 3 days making the SW Part of Carentan...

I used the exact dates of the 506th engagement and there after but cannot get German Fallschirmjager troops... Crap, are they not available in the first edition?

thanks for any assistance.. I have used almost every date.

No. They will be in the first module along with the Commonwealth forces and the SS.

LOL Dang.. freaking about 30hours making SW Carentan... Oh well looks I will be making a Semi Historical instead.

Cheers!

You could work on it now, using Wehrmacht units to substitute the FJ's, and then swap them to proper ones when the Commonwealth module comes out. Then you will have all the AI plans ready and everything.

I'm not sure what you mean with that. Dense forest? Do you mean the forest floor tile? Or do you mean the three trees per tile option?

Sergei, the items in the Ground #1 tab amongst other things there are two icons for light and heavy forest, one would assume these icons are for forests big trees etc, however your comment suggests there are ground cover and should used in conjunction with other trees, is this correct? On the subject of trees I want to make an Olive grove, an area of medium size trees in neat rows, there doesn't appear to be any such item to do this.

You could work on it now, using Wehrmacht units to substitute the FJ's, and then swap them to proper ones when the Commonwealth module comes out. Then you will have all the AI plans ready and everything.

Yikes Sergei I could use some Quick help. LOL So I have everything situated with the 506 ready to go... however the AI just sits there and does nothing. I inputed Territorial Objectives.. Is there more I need to do to get the AI to move there Arse! LOL

I looked in the book and cant figure out why this is so different then CMx1... hell I put them on the map.. and they go to where the flags were... what changed? I did paint the territorial objective zones?

Totaly lost and irritated.. LOL

Sergei, the items in the Ground #1 tab amongst other things there are two icons for light and heavy forest, one would assume these icons are for forests big trees etc, however your comment suggests there are ground cover and should used in conjunction with other trees, is this correct? On the subject of trees I want to make an Olive grove, an area of medium size trees in neat rows, there doesn't appear to be any such item to do this.

Yes, the ground terrain options only cover the ground, so Light Forest and Heavy Forest are used to create an undergrowth to your forests. Light forest is passable for vehicles but it slows them down, while heavy forest is enterable only for infantry.

Olives? Isn't Normandy a tad too north for them? Anyway, orchards are easy to create. There's four options for planting any trees in the editor: 1 tree per tile, 2 trees per tile, 3 trees per tile or 1 tree centered on the tile. The last one is what you want to use to place them in tidy rows. I find it a good idea to drop in a few uncentered trees as well, to break the uniformity just a little bit.

Yikes Sergei I could use some Quick help. LOL So I have everything situated with the 506 ready to go... however the AI just sits there and does nothing. I inputed Territorial Objectives.. Is there more I need to do to get the AI to move there Arse! LOL

I looked in the book and cant figure out why this is so different then CMx1... hell I put them on the map.. and they go to where the flags were... what changed? I did paint the territorial objective zones?

Totaly lost and irritated.. LOL

You need to give the AI a plan. Read through the manual's editor section, it's all explained in there. Also have a look at how it's done in other scenarios.

If you want some help with this drop me a pm, and let me have the file, and we'll work it through. As Sergei says, best way is to look at an existing scenario in the editor and look at it's AI plan(s)

P

On the subject of trees I want to make an Olive grove, an area of medium size trees in neat rows, there doesn't appear to be any such item to do this.

As Sergei stated there is exactly such an item: The tree-in-the-grid symbol. For making orchards I suggest you use trees of the "D" type. They are the smallest. If you use the other - larger - types it´ll just look like a forest.